6 months on

How men are beating this
Gabriel

6 months on

Post by Gabriel »

I'm still relatively new to the world of chronic prostatitis / chronic pelvic pain syndrome having my first symptoms occur in March of this year, but I feel like I've been dealing with it for years. For the past 6 months I've been loosely following the protocol we've come to know here at this forum by doing the following:

-Minimizing sitting when possible and making use of the ICN cushion.
-Taking more regular light exercise (walking mostly).
-Improving my diet, cutting out excess surgars and spicy and acidic foods and/or using Prelief.
-Taking 500mg Ester-C daily.
-Taking ProstaProtek.
-Following the stretching and relaxation protocol from A Headache in the Pelvis (tapes from BrainSync proved helpful - thanks for the tip jd).

During the first few months my symptoms were awful, constant pain, especially at night, frequent urination, you name it I probably had it. Nowadays I would say I am 90% symptom free. I have some very mild prostatic leakage, which for all I know is a side effect of the beneficial process, it causes no pain so I'm not going to complain about it.

My real big nemesis these days is post-ejac pain. That is just about the only time I experience any significant pain, and it's always perineum pain at that, a dull ache that lasts a few hours or so afterwards. I feel it's slowly getting better, but it's really the only symptom that refuses to go competely. webslave's idea of relaxing during ejaculation certainly helps some, as does going longer inbetween.

I'd like to thank everyone who contributes to this forum for collectively making it such an informative arena of chronic prostatitis / chronic pelvic pain syndrome information. If not for here I'd no doubt still be floundering around with antibiotics. Instead I feel I'm well on the way to recovery and that's it's only going to improve from here.
Paso
Old Hand
Old Hand

Post by Paso »

Gabriel,

Now thats GOOOD news. I am happy for you. :-D

/Paso
Age:34 | Onset Age:29 | Symptoms: Suprapubic burning on and off, frequency on and off, Dribbling, | Helped By: PT for sure has helped me, stretching, Baking Soda, drinking lots of water, Omega 3 | Worsened By: Concentrated urine, Coffee, Stress...
tractor316

Post by tractor316 »

As Paso said , that is good news . Posts like that help everyone on this web site also . Glad you are doing well.
Bill in NH

Re: 6 months on

Post by Bill in NH »

My real big nemesis these days is post-ejac pain
Gabriel, I have a similar problem. Overall, my symptoms are improved 90% since my CPPS/IC started in January, but I usually have urgency and a very unpleasant hypersensitivity in my urethra for about 24 hours post-ejac. In retrospect, before January, I had had a few (5-10) brief (1-2 hour) post-ejac episodes spaced out over about 5 years. Of course, at that time, I had no idea what the problem was and didn't seek treatment because the problem was so infrequent.

Apparently, for some men with chronic prostatitis / chronic pelvic pain syndrome post-ejac symptoms are the last to disappear (Dr. Wise described his personal experience in his book). It would be interesting to know just how common this problem is, how long it takes to go away, and what seems to work best. In the meantime, I will continue with my routine (relaxation, frequent exercise at moderate pace, zone diet & fish oil) and visit Stanford next week.
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

Thanks for all the replies :)

Bill, I would be very interested to know how fish oil works for you in the long-term as well as how your visit to Standford goes. Please let us know when you can!