CBD Oil — research vacuum 😣

Latest research and happenings
webslave
Maintenance
Maintenance

CBD Oil — research vacuum 😣

Post by webslave »

I have now read several anecdotal reports of CBD oil helping men with UCPPS. Usually the men say they have used tinctures with high CBD content (>15%) and low THC content (<2%). This is an area where research is sorely lacking.

Today I read an interesting case history of an old woman with lung cancer who had the cancer shrink after taking CBD oil. It reminded me that nobody has researched CBD oil and UCPPS.
Case Report: Lung Cancer Shrinks in Patient Using CBD Oil

A case report describes the dramatic shrinkage of a tumor to a quarter of its original size in a patient with non–small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) who had declined conventional treatment, continued smoking, and who later revealed that she was ingesting cannabidiol (CBD) oil.

The patient was an 80-year-old woman.

At diagnosis, the tumor measured 41 mm, and there was no evidence of local or further spread. Hence, it was suitable for a standard treatment regimen of surgery, chemotherapy, and radiotherapy, note the authors.

The patient declined conventional treatment. She underwent monitoring with regular CT scans every 3–6 months.

After 2.5 years, the CT scans showed that the tumor had shrunk to 10 mm.

The patient then disclosed that she had been ingesting CBD oil, which had been suggested to her by a family member. It was taken orally about two to three times a day.

Details of the case were published on October 14 2021 in BMJ Case Reports.

This is one of many such promising single case reports of medical cannabis self-treatment for various cancers," said David Nutt, DM, FRCP, FRCPsych, the Edmond J. Safra Chair in Neuropsychopharmacology, Imperial College London, London, United Kingdom. "Such case reports are biologically credible given the adaptogenic nature of the endocannabinoid system."
https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/960949
HAS THIS SITE HELPED YOU?
Say Thanks! by making a small donation
PayPal link at end of page ↓
Please fill out your signature, click here for how to do it