Stem Cells a possible future treatment

Latest research and happenings
webslave
Maintenance
Maintenance

Stem Cells a possible future treatment

Post by webslave »

https://stemcellres.biomedcentral.com/a ... 21-02269-x
In this study, we confirmed that iMSCs-EVs administration could effectively ameliorate chronic pelvic pain, reduce voiding pressure, increase the intercontraction interval, suppress inflammatory reactions and promote prostatic tissue repair.
When I read this, I groaned. No serious researcher would jump to such a conclusion. Firstly, is CPPS an autoimmune disease? Probably not. Secondly, these are rodents, not people. And they have an induced autoimmune condition, nothing like what men with UCPPS have.

There is a section on T helper cell (Th1/Th2 and Treg/Th17) re-regulation. It's a bit vague, but interesting.
These data illuminated that iMSCs-EVs could ameliorate chronic pelvic pain by downregulating the overexpression of COX-2.
I am more hopeful that the COX-2 aspect is fruitful, and I await human trials.
HAS THIS SITE HELPED YOU?
Say Thanks! by making a small donation
PayPal link at end of page ↓
Please fill out your signature, click here for how to do it
LivingRoomFanatic
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Re: Stem Cells a possible future treatment

Post by LivingRoomFanatic »

I was just looking at Stem Cell injections there. Have you done any further reading since your initial post here? Would this be a long term solution do you think?

Admin comment: no further developments yet; it will take years to see these questions resolved ...
Age: 40 | Onset Age: 36 | Symptoms: Hyperactive Testicles, Perineal Pain, Hard Flaccid, Twitching Anus, etc etc | Helped By: Physiotherapy, Duloxetine | Worsened By: Anxiety | Other comments: All symptoms improved after PT and Duloxetine (please read risks of medication before trying)
vitaly

Re: Stem Cells a possible future treatment

Post by vitaly »

I sent a message in december 2021 to the author of study and get this answer:
I appreciate your comment on our study. Our team focuses on basic research and the clinical application of stem-cell based therapy for CP/CPPS. The clinical application of stem-based therapy has not been opened in China. Albeit promising, there is still a long way to go before the clinical application really comes true.
Age: 38| Onset Age: 34| Symptoms: Pelvic pain, frequent urge to urinate| Helped By: My doctor's method| Worsened By: Sex