Local anesthetic in suprapubic nerve plexus?

Latest research and happenings
Hacksquat
Experienced
Experienced

Local anesthetic in suprapubic nerve plexus?

Post by Hacksquat »

I stumbled upon this 2018 case report:

Severe Case of Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome: Recovery after Injection of Procaine into the Vesicoprostatic Plexus—Case Report and Discussion of Pathophysiology and Mechanisms of Action

https://www.hindawi.com/journals/criu/2018/9137215/

I couldn't find any earlier posts about this case. What about it, a promising new treatment or not?
Age: 41 Onset Age: 27 (dec 2006)Symptoms: Urethral burning, muscular pain and soreness around the base of my penis, perineum and muscles around my sitbones. Frequency, urgency, dribbling, general discomfort in the pelvis, decreased libido, tight levator ani (according to PT) and occasional levator- and sphincter spasms. Sometimes ache in penis, especially when erected. Latest addition is testicular pain (and epididymis). Also excretions of clear (prostatic?) fluid throughout the day as well as secretion in my urine. Varying power of urine stream. Redness on tip of penis and ballsack.Helped By: Positive thinking and controlling anxiety Worsened By: Stress, lack of sleep, heavy training (especially abs and legs), catastrophizing over this condition
webslave
Maintenance
Maintenance

Re: Local anesthetic in suprapubic nerve plexus?

Post by webslave »

It's an open access (pay for play) journal, so take cum grano salis.

But I agree when they say
A possible explanation may be that the positive feedback loops maintaining pain and neurogenic inflammation are disrupted by local anesthetic infiltration. This can lead to a new organisation (self-organisation) of the pain-processing systems.
It's something I have been saying for many years, i.e. disrupt the pain cycle and improve/cure the condition
HAS THIS SITE HELPED YOU?
Say Thanks! by making a small donation
PayPal link at end of page ↓
Please fill out your signature, click here for how to do it