CPPS, CoQ10, Carnitine, Creatine, Mitochondria

Latest research and happenings
webslave
Maintenance
Maintenance

CPPS, CoQ10, Carnitine, Creatine, Mitochondria

Post by webslave »

While not (yet) a research topic, I want to add this here.

I postulate a connection between CPPS and genetic errors in the basic energy mechanisms of cells, based on my own growing exercise intolerance as I age. I call on researchers to investigate the possible connection between genetic mitochondrial disorders, such as mitochondrial myopathy (in a mild form), and CPPS. Some people have small, inherited defects in the chemistry of their mitochondria, in the complex ATP environment, and since ATP is the energy currency of cells, this could make individuals with such defects vulnerable to pelvic pain. Whereas a normal person, under stress, can tolerate tensing his pelvic muscles for many hours a day, someone with an ATP-related abnormality would accumulate lactic acid and develop myopathy. If correct, my theory would also explain the mysterious comorbidity links between CPPS and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, and CPPS and Fibromyalgia. CPPS patients should trial a course of Coenzyme Q10, carnitine and creatine, all available without prescription, taken together for a few months, to see the effect.
HAS THIS SITE HELPED YOU?
Say Thanks! by making a small donation
PayPal link at end of page ↓
Please fill out your signature, click here for how to do it
webslave
Maintenance
Maintenance

Re: CPPS, CoQ10, Carnitine, Creatine, Mitochondria

Post by webslave »

Who should try this? If two or more of the following symptoms fit your profile, it may help you:
  • Have you had tiredness/fatigue as one of your symptoms?
  • Do you have poor sleep?
  • Do you have fibro (sore spots in muscles and tendons near joints)?
  • Do your eyes sting or burn on the day after orgasm?
  • Do you have trigger points or muscular pain after activity, where others do not?
  • Do you get eye strain easily, say from playing PC games, reading or watching movies?
  • Has it ever occurred to you that you have less stamina than other people?
If you do try these supplements, be sure to update this thread with your findings. Thanks!

Edit March 2021: the trigger points in my neck and shoulders are much less troublesome after using these supplements. They can cause digestive upset so you'll have to tweak the dosage to minimize side effects.

Another note: there is a study linking antibiotic usage to mitochondrial damage.

Edit May 2021: L-carnitine, an amino acid, can be quite acidic and may cause bladder symptoms.
HAS THIS SITE HELPED YOU?
Say Thanks! by making a small donation
PayPal link at end of page ↓
Please fill out your signature, click here for how to do it