MRI capable of diagnosing CPPS?

Latest research and happenings
webslave
Maintenance
Maintenance

MRI capable of diagnosing CPPS?

Post by webslave »

It will be interesting to see if this is replicated.

Apparently, dilated veins around the prostate can be a diagnostic sign for CPPS. This will be the first imaging sign of CPPS ever found, if confirmed.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31264247

Full paper: https://www.mdlinx.com/ct.cfm?cid=75713 ... af=R&mor=1
HAS THIS SITE HELPED YOU?
Say Thanks! by making a small donation
PayPal link at end of page ↓
Please fill out your signature, click here for how to do it
HateCPPS
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Re: MRI capable of diagnosing CPPS?

Post by HateCPPS »

When I had an MRI, it said I had prostatitis because of the inflammation shown on the MRI
Age: 25 | Onset Age: 21 | Symptoms: Pain in perineum area, bad ED, slower stream, loss of libido, | Helped By: Uroxatral, Heavy Doses of NSAIDs, Really Hot Baths/Sauna | Worsened By: Sex, Masturbation, Spicy Foods, biking, certain exercises, sudafed| Other comments: Mine started in a time after copious amounts of sex, I also held in ejaculation for a long long time after a sex break which may have contributed. Also went from protected to unprotected sex around this same time, but all tests show no bacteria. I do not have urgency issues.
ppp
Experienced
Experienced

Post by ppp »

Let's say this gets confirmed, is there something that can be done about it? The specificity of the diagnosis is pretty impressive.

Admin comment: Let's first wait and see it confirmed. It would be helpful to have such a straightforward diagnostic tool, albeit expensive.
Age: 33| Onset Age: 24 | Symptoms: dull ache in pelvic area, tension, feeling the need to urinate, frequency, dribbling after urination, ED symptoms started 6 moths after the onset wrecking my life since, abdominal tension, tension in my thighs. | Helped By: stretching/massage , benzos | Worsened By: Mainly sex, but also sitting and anxiety| Other comments: I have seen periods of substantially less flare-ups, but now I am at a steady state where it comes back almost always after sex.
ppp
Experienced
Experienced

Post by ppp »

webslave: are you aware of any group or them trying to replicate this?

Admin comment: replication takes months to years ... be patient.
Age: 33| Onset Age: 24 | Symptoms: dull ache in pelvic area, tension, feeling the need to urinate, frequency, dribbling after urination, ED symptoms started 6 moths after the onset wrecking my life since, abdominal tension, tension in my thighs. | Helped By: stretching/massage , benzos | Worsened By: Mainly sex, but also sitting and anxiety| Other comments: I have seen periods of substantially less flare-ups, but now I am at a steady state where it comes back almost always after sex.