Women Getting Relief from Pelvic Pain

Latest research and happenings
webslave
Maintenance
Maintenance

Women Getting Relief from Pelvic Pain

Post by webslave »

Women Getting Relief from Pelvic Pain With an Unconventional Approach

NORTH COLUMBUS (Terri Sullivan) -- Amber Syndergaard is a busy mom with two young daughters. She's also suffered from pelvic pain for years.

When doctors couldn't figure what was wrong, she turned to Katie Coleman, a physical therapist at Fitness Matters. Coleman says Syndergaard was storing stress in her abdomen.

She uses dry needling to relieve the tightness in the muscles. "The beauty of the needle is that it can get down much deeper than traditional massage could ever get," said Coleman.

If you have chronic pain, see a doctor. But Coleman says there are other treatments that might work better than drugs.

"They might try high doses of pain relievers and that doesn't really solve the problem. That's because they're not working on the muscle, they're not working to the root of the problem."

Syndergaard says with dry needling and massage, she has found relief. "I have a lot more energy and I can do a lot more. I don't get as tired, and I feel my stress level is a lot lower because I'm not hurting anymore."

And she's living a life that's now pain free.
http://www.abc6onyourside.com/news/feat ... 7172.shtml
HAS THIS SITE HELPED YOU?
Say Thanks! by making a small donation
PayPal link at end of page ↓
Please fill out your signature, click here for how to do it