Narrative Analysis of CP/CPPS accounts

Latest research and happenings
nick45wood

Narrative Analysis of CP/CPPS accounts

Post by nick45wood »

Dear Forum Members,

My name is Dr. Nicholas Wood and I've had CP/CPPS since March 2009, after an initial onset in July 1995. I am a clinical psychologist and researcher at the University of Hertfordshire near London, England. I have started researching experiential accounts of this condition and have a Masters student I am supervising, Annum Qureshi, who is collecting written accounts of this condition, in order to understand some of the variety of stories around dealing with CP/CPPS (her email is below). Any people potentially interested, please contact her directly for further information, including certification of ethical clearance for the research.

Sincerely, Nick Wood

"Dear group members,
I am a student on the MSc student at the University of Hertfordshire, and am conducting a study into the experiences of those who suffer from Chronic Prostatitis/Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome (CP/CPPS).
The study includes writing your story about your journey and experiences with CP/CPPS from the beginning up to today, and completing the National Institute of Health’s Chronic Prostatitis Symptom Index (NIH-CPSI).
If you agree to take part in this study please email me at <[email protected]>, and further information, a consent form, narrative guide, and the NIH-CPSI will be sent back to you. I appreciate you taking the time to participate in this study.
Dr. Nick Wood is the supervisor for this study, and any information that will be provided by those taking part will be kept confidential between my supervisor and I. Furthermore, all information will be kept anonymous throughout the research process.
Thank you kindly in advance for your contribution."