Looking for a uro in LA area

Scammer alerts, reviews!
sufferinginpain
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Looking for a uro in LA area

Post by sufferinginpain »

I live in Los Angeles, I've seen Doctor Zietlin several times, and he has mentioned that my pelvic floor is extremely tense.

I want to get a second opinion, as he was the only uro that said I had CPPS.

Anyone know of another Uro in the Los Angeles area?
Age:29 | Onset Age: 27 | Symptoms: Rectal burning after bowel movement, rectal tightness, stinging and shocking near thighs sometimes. | Helped By: Hot bath, Muscle relaxers such as Flexeril, not sitting an entire day | Worsened By: Stress, sitting a lot, anxiety, problems with relationship (emotional issues)| Other comments: I recommend A Headache in the Pelvis, and reading my story fully.
critthinker
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran

Re: Looking for a uro in LA area

Post by critthinker »

Unfortunately I don't think there are many uros in LA who are familiar with CPPS. In SF I'd recommend Dr. Weiss.
Age: 27 | Onset Age: 26 | Symptoms: Pelvic pain (began w/ introduction into bladder/prostate of highly resistant strain of bacteria that was acquired via a Botox injection intended to treat levator ani syndrome) | Helped By: Paxil for anxiety, Trigger point release and trigger point injections, stretches, hot baths, Prosta-Q | Worsened By: Stress/anxiety, Sitting down for long periods,
sufferinginpain
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

I know that this is probably a dumb question, I've been to Dr. Zeitlin and he's already told me that my pelvic floor was "extremely tense" - question is, do you guys think a second opinion is worth while? All the other uros put me on Cipro and such...
Age:29 | Onset Age: 27 | Symptoms: Rectal burning after bowel movement, rectal tightness, stinging and shocking near thighs sometimes. | Helped By: Hot bath, Muscle relaxers such as Flexeril, not sitting an entire day | Worsened By: Stress, sitting a lot, anxiety, problems with relationship (emotional issues)| Other comments: I recommend A Headache in the Pelvis, and reading my story fully.
critthinker
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran

Post by critthinker »

Not sure if a uro is the best person to be asking regarding whether your pelvic floor is tense. I'd recommend visiting the USC Pelvic Pain Clinic. Talk to Dan Kirages -- he's great and totally gets all of this.
Age: 27 | Onset Age: 26 | Symptoms: Pelvic pain (began w/ introduction into bladder/prostate of highly resistant strain of bacteria that was acquired via a Botox injection intended to treat levator ani syndrome) | Helped By: Paxil for anxiety, Trigger point release and trigger point injections, stretches, hot baths, Prosta-Q | Worsened By: Stress/anxiety, Sitting down for long periods,
sufferinginpain
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Thanks I'll give that a shot.
sufferinginpain
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Ok maybe I'm having a bad day, or really frustrated.

But think about it - I've been looking for a doctor who can at least tell me if Dr. Zeitlin made the right call by telling me I have a tense pelvic floor, but each and every doctor is not familiar with CPPS. I'm pretty shocked as to how much little information is out there, and quite honestly it's leaving me very skeptical about our diagnosis.

Is there ANYONE (besides the Wise clinic) that can diagnose a person correctly for CPPS? Am I limited to 1 doctor's opinion - does that even seem comfortable to you guys? It's really bothering me to stick to one doctor's opinion of tense pelvic floor causing me so much pain. It seems odd.

:sigh:
jman2013

Post by jman2013 »

Zeitlan diagnosed me with CPPS ...although I think the bladder is an issue he seems to think more myofascial for the moment....anyone know a good CPPS or cystitis doctor who will do DMSO installations for CPPS people or scope the bladder....I'd like more definitive answer ....also he seemed really smart I liked him.
elitynski
Old Hand
Old Hand

Post by elitynski »

Try Leslie Kaplan in Santa Monica. He is in touch with the CPPS ic world
Age: 49 | Onset Age: 43 | Symptoms: Some overactive bladder symptoms | Helped By: Hot Baths, relaxation, a little valium, exercise / weight loss | Worsened By: stress, possibly diet, possibly...(fill in the blank)
elitynski
Old Hand
Old Hand

Post by elitynski »

Question about zeitlin - does insurance cover him. If not what kind of out of pocket cost could I expect.
Age: 49 | Onset Age: 43 | Symptoms: Some overactive bladder symptoms | Helped By: Hot Baths, relaxation, a little valium, exercise / weight loss | Worsened By: stress, possibly diet, possibly...(fill in the blank)
sufferinginpain
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Sorry for the late response, i haven't been on here in a while. Insurance does cover, however, he does not accept it upfront. Instead, he will bill your insurance and the insurance company will either pay you (if you've met your deductable etc..) Most doctors will do that now so that they don't need to await payment. I believe his first visit was $200-$400, pretty pricey but well worth it. He's a good doctor, knows what he's talking about.