PTs in Nevada (Baum, Springgate)

Scammer alerts, reviews!
canuck31

PTs in Nevada (Baum, Springgate)

Post by canuck31 »

I've only been dealing with prostatitis symptoms for the past 6 weeks and after seeing a few urologists, who insisted antibiotics was the only option, I decided to give PT a try. Since I recently had to move from Reno to Las Vegas I experienced therapists in both cities. I started with Lisa Springgate in Reno, NV and had very good success after only one treatment, but my symptoms returned after 3-4 days. Unfortunately, I had to move to continue my schooling but Lisa recommended her colleague in Las Vegas - Tina Baum. I've been working with Tina for the past 3-4 weeks and I'd say things have been slow but positive. It seems Lisa Springgate takes a more aggressive approach and uses this weird instrument (kind of like a little jack-hammer with a rubber tip) to work on trigger points from the external region while applying pressure on muscles only palpated through the rectum. Being a D.O. medical student I was surprised to see Lisa also use a lot of osteopathic principles in her treatment like muscle energy and strain-counterstrain.

Tina Baum seems to use a more methodical, systematic approach to treating trigger points - which is good but in a way frustrating for a sufferer who saw great results after one treatment. I've been to 7 sessions with Tina so far and the first 2-3 sessions she either focused on my history or working on external triggerpoints - which don't seem to be the source of most of my symptoms. Over the past 2 weeks, focus has been placed on 75% internal therapy and about 25% external. She worked a lot on my obturator internus muscles and thank god my symptoms of urgency/frequency have been very low at this time. My main symptoms now are kind of a low-grade but persistent urethral burning, kind of a diffuse penis burning/aching sensation, and pain mostly in my urethra and some in my perineum after sex. It seems, based on her palpation during internal therapy, that I have a lot of trigger points in my anterior pelvic floor (peri-urethral and urethral sphincter) area that produce intense stabbing pain throughout my entire penis when palpated. She can't really reproduce the low-grade burning I feel all the time but I know something must be wrong in that area because the pain and urgency produced with only a touch makes it feel like a needle is being jabbed into the tip of my penis. Anyways, at this point, she's able to take my symptoms down a lot for about 24-36 hours after a session.....just hoping with further relieve with more and more sessions.

Anyways, if anyone in NV needs contact information for either Lisa Springgate or Tina Baum I'd be only happy to share. Here's hoping for further relief and relief for everyone else out there dealing with this condition.