Has anyone been to Dr Attila Toth in NYC?

Scammer alerts, reviews!
Stg

Has anyone been to Dr Attila Toth in NYC?

Post by Stg »

Hello,

I recently visited Dr Toth in NYC for the 2nd time. Let me outline some of the salient points of my case

1) Went to Attilla Toth last year after being diagnosed with Chronic prostatitis. He found some "lesions" on the ultrasound and chlamydia with his immunoflourescence test. Developed symptoms of prostatitis soon after (Pain in perineum etc)

2) Went to Manila in Oct 09 and was treated by Dr A.E Feliciano. Pronounced me negative from chlamydia after about 4-5 weeks of treatment although he had to do it 2-3 times to get a negative test (immunoflourescence test)

3) Went back to Toth in Sept 10 for a test and he finds me positive with chlamydia again, which I find hard to believe after 5 weeks of doxycycline last year. I'm quite certain this cannot be a re-infection

Has anyone been to Dr Toth and had a similar experience, (false positive for chlamydia) or repeatedly tested positive for chlamydia. I'm a bit confused at this point and any help or information will be appreciated.

Thanks
webslave
Maintenance
Maintenance

Re: Has anyone been to Dr Attila Toth in NYC?

Post by webslave »

Attila Toth
Attila Toth
toth.jpg (3.5 KiB) Viewed 1344 times
Oh dear. I would advise avoiding Dr Toth. I'm surprised he is still practising.

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=5265
HAS THIS SITE HELPED YOU?
Say Thanks! by making a small donation
PayPal link at end of page ↓
Please fill out your signature, click here for how to do it
Stg

Post by Stg »

Webslave,

Thanks for your quick reply

This statement is very telling

"Dr Toth finds chlamydia in most, maybe all his patients, and at least in my case it was a false positive which caused my g/f and I undue misery. Do you want to pay 2 grand, travel to New York for bogus testing?"

Is it possible for me to get in touch with this person (in case you have this persons contact details)

Thanks again
webslave
Maintenance
Maintenance

Post by webslave »

I'm sorry, the details of these posters have faded into the past. I'm not sure what you'd gain from the contact ... confirmation perhaps? Toth has been treating people this way for over a decade. As I said, if he were right I'd know about it.
HAS THIS SITE HELPED YOU?
Say Thanks! by making a small donation
PayPal link at end of page ↓
Please fill out your signature, click here for how to do it
Jay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post by Jay »

My goodness. Toth and Feliciano both. You've certainly been through the gauntlet of questionable practices.

If you want to see another urologist, I would suggest that you visit Dr. Moldwin on Long Island, given your location. He has a very good reputation as a physician with modern knowledge of CPPS. He's more likely to prescribe things like PT and appropriate medications, rather than clinging to the old bacterial theory.
I am not a physician. This is not medical advice. Consult your doctor!

Age: 26 Onset Age: 17 Symptoms: Shooting, nerve-like pains throughout the penis, which abruptly hit and leave. Testicular pain, perineum pain, burning/irritative urination, extended pain after ejaculation. Occasionally, some allodynia or ache in the coccyx/sacrum/thigh/buttocks/legs. Diagnosis: Pelvic floor dysfunction, degenerated lumbar disk, and mildly herniated lumbar disk. Helped By: Physical therapy, pain management doctor, hot baths, therapy pool, stretching regimen, breathing exercises, relaxation, distraction. Worsened By: Arousal/ejaculation (worst), constipation, panicking/obsessing, other triggers depend upon current symptoms. Tests/Prior Treatments: Too many antibiotics to count, multiple urine tests (all normal), testicular ultrasound (normal), bladder and renal ultrasound (normal), lumbar and pelvic MRI with and w/o contrast (revealed disk problems), Elavil 25mg (caused retention), Flomax 0.4mg.
Stg

Post by Stg »

Thanks guys for your posts

Webslave, Jay

I only used Toth for testing purposes and have never undergone treatment from him (has anyone done the injections). I did undergo treatment from Feliciano last year for 5 weeks and I must say that my symptoms (pain) have largely disappeared. I do have some urination frequency issues but that seems to be improving as well.

Incidentally, I have never had a positive PCR test for chlamydia, which is supposed to be the more sensitive test. However, both Toth and Feliciano reckon this test gives a lot of false negatives compared to the immunoflourescense test.

I live in the U.K so any recommendations for physicians here will be much appreciated.

Thanks
gmccormack
Veteran
Veteran

Post by gmccormack »

Just curious, why would you go back to Toth for Chlamydia test on Sept 10 if your symptoms had largely cleared, I'm assuming you feel they cleared due to the injections?

Did you think that the Chlamydia was still lingering after a year? Are you looking for another clinician to find a positive bacterial result, for remaining symptoms? Then go back to Feliciano for injections to clear those?
Age: | Onset Age: | Symptoms: | Helped By: | Worsened By: | Other comments:
paracer1

Post by paracer1 »

Stay away from Dr. Toth at all costs!

I underwent treatment by Dr. Toth in early 2010 and have been left disabled by his procedure. His procedure has ruined my life and my family. He treated me and my wife for a supposed chlamydia infection that was trapped in scar tissue according to him. Of course we had many tests before which were all negative but he is very convincing and said that it caused our son's heart defect most likely. He injected my seminal vesicles and prostate 36 times over 10 days and has left me in terrible constant pelvic, butt, low back, genital and leg pain and with a devastated nervous system from the pain for the last 16 months. My ejaculate is now gold colored and full of WBC's since the injections. It used to be milky white with no WBC's. He has left me with the inability to ejaculate without going though horrible pain for days and days worse than the constant pain I now have from the procedure. I can't work or provide for my family anymore and I have two young kids. My wife and I were duped by him and have lost everything and the worse part is that no one can treat me since they have never heard of anyone doing this procedure. I went in with a sore prostate gland and left disabled. If anyone else has had the same experience please contact me.
changejobs

Post by changejobs »

paracer1 wrote:Stay away from Dr. Toth at all costs!
Are you still a member here. have your symptoms gotten any better?
Age: | Onset Age: | Symptoms: | Helped By: | Worsened By: | Other comments: