we.the.hulk
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

PT IN SAN DIEGO

Post by we.the.hulk »

Just more information. Hope it helps.

Comprehensive Therapy Services in Sorrento Valley
Http://www.comprehensivetherapy.com/
Went here yesterday. Good first visit. Well versed in HITP. PT did internal and could not find any trigger points. Found issues throughout perineum. My main issue is dysuria. PT thinks its tight muscles in this area.

Sharp hospital
Http://www.sharp.com/rehab/pelvic-program.cfm
Spoke with the PT here on the phone. Sounded well versed in HITP. Does internal trigger point. Made an appointment but PT is going on maternity leave for 5 months.

Not endorsing either of these. Just putting the info out.
Age: 40 | Onset Age: 40 | Symptoms: burning urethra at first / now just urgency/frequency. tingle at penis tip inside urethra. | Helped By: running / stretching / good nutrition / vitamins /urelle /Xanax | Worsened By: stress/anxiety
Burner2k
Experienced
Experienced

Re: PT IN SAN DIEGO

Post by Burner2k »

We.The.Hulk, I might be moving to San Diego pretty soon and wanted your opinion on Comprehensive Therapy Services. Would appreciate your inputs if you have experience with them. I might try them before heading home...
Age: 33 | Onset Age: 28 | Symptoms: Initially Tingling/urge to urinate feeling in tip of penis urgency mainly. Currently: Symptoms have flared up since early 2015... Only change has been discovery of a TrP right inside navel which is confounds doctors & PTs alike :) Multiple Ultrasound of Bladder, Abdomen & TRUS normal. Urine culture reported normal. | Helped By: Internal Trigger Point work, hot baths, Baclofen, light exercise regimen. | Worsened By: Stress/anxiety, constantly thinking about it, ejaculation, bowel movement, improper sitting posture
we.the.hulk
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Re: PT IN SAN DIEGO

Post by we.the.hulk »

Hi burner
Sorry I missed this post.
The pt at comprehensive totally missed my issues and almost had me convinced that I had something else going on. If I were you I'd go see Kristina at university city physical therapy (ucpt.com). She's solid. Just take in hitp diagrams and tell her where you think your issues may be. Ultimately, to see progress, you really need to start experimenting with the internal on your own, with some guidance from a qualified pt.
Hope you are doing better

Regards
Age: 40 | Onset Age: 40 | Symptoms: burning urethra at first / now just urgency/frequency. tingle at penis tip inside urethra. | Helped By: running / stretching / good nutrition / vitamins /urelle /Xanax | Worsened By: stress/anxiety