Doctor and PT in Paris, France

Scammer alerts, reviews!
h92
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Doctor and PT in Paris, France

Post by h92 »

After a long struggle, I finally found both a doctor that knew about chronic prostatitis / chronic pelvic pain syndrome and a PT that is specialized in it. For information, in France, chronic prostatitis / chronic pelvic pain syndrome is sometimes called "syndrome myofascial" (myofascial syndrom as you can guess).
For the doctor : Pr Amarenco, Hopital Rotchshild. You can either get a public (standard fee) consultation but you need to wait for nearly a year, or a private consultation (200 euros) very quickly. Well worth the money if you can afford it.
For the PT ("kinésithérapeute") : C. Pinto, 75007. Only does PT for CPPS, UC and NP sufferers, so knows the subject very well. Lots of drawning of trigger points in her room, knows about relaxation ...
Age: 31 Location: France Symptoms: right epididymis pain, testicular soreness and pain, pain after ejaculation, gulf ball in rectum (now gone), pain at tip of penis (now gone), bent penis when in pain (not Peyronie's), burning after ejaculation, weird right testicular positions, big and painful lymph nodes (now gone). Makes worse: sex, tiredness, anxiety, cold Makes better: hot climate, stretches.
Jay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: Doctor and PT in Paris, France

Post by Jay »

Please take care in what you agree to, if this is Gerard Amarenco. I'm not saying that he's a bad doctor, but he's involved with France's PNE surgeon circle, and I think it's best to be informed of such things.
I am not a physician. This is not medical advice. Consult your doctor!

Age: 26 Onset Age: 17 Symptoms: Shooting, nerve-like pains throughout the penis, which abruptly hit and leave. Testicular pain, perineum pain, burning/irritative urination, extended pain after ejaculation. Occasionally, some allodynia or ache in the coccyx/sacrum/thigh/buttocks/legs. Diagnosis: Pelvic floor dysfunction, degenerated lumbar disk, and mildly herniated lumbar disk. Helped By: Physical therapy, pain management doctor, hot baths, therapy pool, stretching regimen, breathing exercises, relaxation, distraction. Worsened By: Arousal/ejaculation (worst), constipation, panicking/obsessing, other triggers depend upon current symptoms. Tests/Prior Treatments: Too many antibiotics to count, multiple urine tests (all normal), testicular ultrasound (normal), bladder and renal ultrasound (normal), lumbar and pelvic MRI with and w/o contrast (revealed disk problems), Elavil 25mg (caused retention), Flomax 0.4mg.
h92
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Post by h92 »

This is true, but in my case he definitively ruled out PNE (meaning nobody will tell me about it anymore since he's well known), talked about chronic prostatitis / chronic pelvic pain syndrome and sent me to the right PT. So he's not fanatical about PNE and certainly knows his stuff about CPPS.
Age: 31 Location: France Symptoms: right epididymis pain, testicular soreness and pain, pain after ejaculation, gulf ball in rectum (now gone), pain at tip of penis (now gone), bent penis when in pain (not Peyronie's), burning after ejaculation, weird right testicular positions, big and painful lymph nodes (now gone). Makes worse: sex, tiredness, anxiety, cold Makes better: hot climate, stretches.
papichullini
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Post by papichullini »

Hi H92,

What is the name of the PT that he recommended to you?
Age:24 | Onset Age:20 | Symptoms: Urgency, Pelvic tension, Prostate enlargement, burning feeling, etc. . . | Helped By: Antibiotic (I suppose), resting, cranberry juice (maybe), stretching, reading about the problem, supplements, D-mannose (i think..) | Worsened By: anxiety, alcohol, salt (maybe), cigarettes, dry masturbation and something I don't know. . .