Therapist recommendation for San Diego, CA area?

Scammer alerts, reviews!
kidoairaku

Therapist recommendation for San Diego, CA area?

Post by kidoairaku »

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone knew of a good therapist in the San Diego, CA area. I have never seen one before and havent started any therapy for my chronic prostatitis / chronic pelvic pain syndrome other than alpha blockers (cardura; its working a bit). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Age: 24. Onset: May 2007. | Symptoms: OFTEN -- Urine frequency, waxing/waning perineum discomfort (aching), abdomen pain/cramp w/ pressure, painful ejaculations, loose stools; OCCASIONALLY -- cloudy urine, IBS flareups, nocturia; RARELY -- night sweats, blood in urine, passing small dark brown stones. Helps: Alpha blocker, hot baths, relaxing abdomen and pelvic muslces, sitting or laying down. Besides my alpha blocker prescription, I have yet to see a therapist for this. I hope that with treatment I will be able to rid myself of this.
Jay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: Therapist recommendation for San Diego, CA area?

Post by Jay »

Hi there,

I know that latte, another forum member who lives in the San Diego area, goes/went to see Chrissie Morgan. His opinion of her was very positive. She's at Body Awareness PT, phone # 949-366-3362.

Depending upon your financial situation, you could also consider attending Dr. Wise's clinic for the Wise-Anderson Protocol. That's in Sebastopol. It's the best place to go if you want to learn how to self-treat, both physically and mentally. You're lucky in that, because you live in California, you can drive and save thousands that others have to spend on travel.

There may be other PTs in your area. California is pretty generous in terms of options, but I believe most will require at least a bit of travel.
I am not a physician. This is not medical advice. Consult your doctor!

Age: 26 Onset Age: 17 Symptoms: Shooting, nerve-like pains throughout the penis, which abruptly hit and leave. Testicular pain, perineum pain, burning/irritative urination, extended pain after ejaculation. Occasionally, some allodynia or ache in the coccyx/sacrum/thigh/buttocks/legs. Diagnosis: Pelvic floor dysfunction, degenerated lumbar disk, and mildly herniated lumbar disk. Helped By: Physical therapy, pain management doctor, hot baths, therapy pool, stretching regimen, breathing exercises, relaxation, distraction. Worsened By: Arousal/ejaculation (worst), constipation, panicking/obsessing, other triggers depend upon current symptoms. Tests/Prior Treatments: Too many antibiotics to count, multiple urine tests (all normal), testicular ultrasound (normal), bladder and renal ultrasound (normal), lumbar and pelvic MRI with and w/o contrast (revealed disk problems), Elavil 25mg (caused retention), Flomax 0.4mg.
kidoairaku

Post by kidoairaku »

Thank you Jay,

I hope that you are doing well despite CPPS. Btw, how did you find out your back problem led to CPPS? I have scoliosis so my lumbar region isn't too well either.
Age: 24. Onset: May 2007. | Symptoms: OFTEN -- Urine frequency, waxing/waning perineum discomfort (aching), abdomen pain/cramp w/ pressure, painful ejaculations, loose stools; OCCASIONALLY -- cloudy urine, IBS flareups, nocturia; RARELY -- night sweats, blood in urine, passing small dark brown stones. Helps: Alpha blocker, hot baths, relaxing abdomen and pelvic muslces, sitting or laying down. Besides my alpha blocker prescription, I have yet to see a therapist for this. I hope that with treatment I will be able to rid myself of this.
Jay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post by Jay »

Hi there,

My lumbar spine issues don't really relate to my chronic prostatitis / chronic pelvic pain syndrome beyond a minor extent. I have degenerative disc disease, and at the levels it's currently affecting, it would relate more to the pain I feel down the fronts of my legs from time to time. It was actually a bit of relief to figure that out, as the area didn't seem to fit with my pelvic floor dysfunction!

I found out about the disc problems in the course of doing some additional, precautionary testing. The degeneration was discovered during a lumber and pelvic MRI.
I am not a physician. This is not medical advice. Consult your doctor!

Age: 26 Onset Age: 17 Symptoms: Shooting, nerve-like pains throughout the penis, which abruptly hit and leave. Testicular pain, perineum pain, burning/irritative urination, extended pain after ejaculation. Occasionally, some allodynia or ache in the coccyx/sacrum/thigh/buttocks/legs. Diagnosis: Pelvic floor dysfunction, degenerated lumbar disk, and mildly herniated lumbar disk. Helped By: Physical therapy, pain management doctor, hot baths, therapy pool, stretching regimen, breathing exercises, relaxation, distraction. Worsened By: Arousal/ejaculation (worst), constipation, panicking/obsessing, other triggers depend upon current symptoms. Tests/Prior Treatments: Too many antibiotics to count, multiple urine tests (all normal), testicular ultrasound (normal), bladder and renal ultrasound (normal), lumbar and pelvic MRI with and w/o contrast (revealed disk problems), Elavil 25mg (caused retention), Flomax 0.4mg.