Visited Carolyn Vandyken in Cambridge, Ontario

Scammer alerts, reviews!
9999maverick88
Beginner
Beginner

Visited Carolyn Vandyken in Cambridge, Ontario

Post by 9999maverick88 »

I just wanted to let everyone from Ontario know that Carolyn Vandyken is fantastic. She knows all about treating this and has had many patients with it fully recover. She's a registered physiotherapist, acupuncturist, and performs trigger point release. She also knows about the psychological factor and how to treat that (she has contacts that specialize in cognitive behavior therapy). She made me feel very comfortable even though many of my questions were embarassing and hard to ask. Overall, a great experience. I walked into the office expecting to be the only one my age in there, but it was very much different than I had expected.

Carolyn gave me lots of advice and trigger point exercises to practice over the next two weeks. She was able to book me in once every two weeks for a while - which is great, because you really need to be persistent with this. If anyone has any questions, let me know.
Onset Age: 13 Current Age: 21 History: Must of started as a urinary tract infection. My left testicle was hurting, and I waited about 2-3 years before mentioning it to the doctor. I was then put on antibiotics, which did not help. I saw 3-4 different urologists over the years. I was diagnosed with chronic epididymitis. About 2 years ago, the pain in my epididymis subsided, but I still have pain in the rectum/perineum/prostate areas. I have tried courses of antibiotics, ibuprofen, Prosta-Q, saw palmetto, cranberry juice, and many other natural remedies. This problem gets worse following defecation, or jogging/running. I definitely feel tightness in the pelvic floor, but I don't know how to relax it without concentrating on it (and thinking about this issue makes it much worse for me). I found over the years that my mind tends to focus on the pain, and if I'm distracted, it tends to get better. I read headache in the pelvis and feel that their interpretation of the problem is correct. I have recently started doing relaxation techniques and taking warm baths.