Urologist in Central NJ

Scammer alerts, reviews!
chewy71

Urologist in Central NJ

Post by chewy71 »

Can anyone recommend a urologist and or a PT in central New Jersey. I have had issues on and off (mostly on ) for about 4 months. My most troubling symptom is never ending lower abdominal/pelvic pain.

I would be willing to travel to NYC or philidelphia if necessary to find someone good.

Thanks,

Mike
Jay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: Urologist in Central NJ

Post by Jay »

Hi there,

Since you're willing to travel to NYC ... For urologists, Dr. Moldwin's name is often passed around here, and he comes recommended by Dr. Wise of HITP. I believe Moldwin is still at Long Island Jewish Hospital. There is also a Dr. Kaufman in NYC, who I understand to also grasp the muscular potential in CPPS.

With regard to physical therapy, you have quite a few options in that same area. Stacey Futterman and Marilyn Freedman (you can search their names on the boards) are both highly recommended on our forums.
I am not a physician. This is not medical advice. Consult your doctor!

Age: 26 Onset Age: 17 Symptoms: Shooting, nerve-like pains throughout the penis, which abruptly hit and leave. Testicular pain, perineum pain, burning/irritative urination, extended pain after ejaculation. Occasionally, some allodynia or ache in the coccyx/sacrum/thigh/buttocks/legs. Diagnosis: Pelvic floor dysfunction, degenerated lumbar disk, and mildly herniated lumbar disk. Helped By: Physical therapy, pain management doctor, hot baths, therapy pool, stretching regimen, breathing exercises, relaxation, distraction. Worsened By: Arousal/ejaculation (worst), constipation, panicking/obsessing, other triggers depend upon current symptoms. Tests/Prior Treatments: Too many antibiotics to count, multiple urine tests (all normal), testicular ultrasound (normal), bladder and renal ultrasound (normal), lumbar and pelvic MRI with and w/o contrast (revealed disk problems), Elavil 25mg (caused retention), Flomax 0.4mg.
kevin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: Urologist in Central NJ

Post by kevin »

chewy71 wrote:Can anyone recommend a urologist and or a PT in central New Jersey. I have had issues on and off (mostly on ) for about 4 months. My most troubling symptom is never ending lower abdominal/pelvic pain.

I would be willing to travel to NYC or philidelphia if necessary to find someone good.

Thanks,

Mike
I haven't heard of anyone good in Central Jersey. Since New York isn't that far away, that might be worth a look.
Started: Spring 2003; high urinary frequency and pain associated with bladder filling; urinary hesitancy; pubic/prostate/perineal discomfort; Helped by: trigger point therapy, Afrin nasal spray, Cymbalta, hydrocodone (small doses), distraction. Makes worse: sex.

Not medical advice. Consult your doctor.