Anyone know a trigger point PT in San Francisco?

Scammer alerts, reviews!
sam5935
Veteran
Veteran

Anyone know a trigger point PT in San Francisco?

Post by sam5935 »

Does anyone here know a pt that does trigger point work in SF besides Tim Sawyer? Tim is great, and he always helps me, however, his schedule is such that it's hard for me to get in to see him. I would love to find someone in SF that I could go see once a week or so for a while....thanks!

S
Age:34 | Onset Age: 32 | Symptoms: Right testicular ,generalized discomfort in pelvis/lower abdomen, low back pain | Helped By: Not sureNot sure what else yet | Worsened By: Sitting , standing
kevin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: Anyone know a trigger point PT in San Francisco?

Post by kevin »

sam5935 wrote:Does anyone here know a pt that does trigger point work in SF besides Tim Sawyer? Tim is great, and he always helps me, however, his schedule is such that it's hard for me to get in to see him. I would love to find someone in SF that I could go see once a week or so for a while....thanks!

S
Try calling Jerome Weiss's office. He has PTs working for him.
http://www.jmweissmd.com/
Started: Spring 2003; high urinary frequency and pain associated with bladder filling; urinary hesitancy; pubic/prostate/perineal discomfort; Helped by: trigger point therapy, Afrin nasal spray, Cymbalta, hydrocodone (small doses), distraction. Makes worse: sex.

Not medical advice. Consult your doctor.
sam5935
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sam5935 »

Kevin-

Have you seen this doctor? Does he split up his service? Cause I will be paying out-of-pocket and I know I can afford a whole work-up from him.

Thanks!
S-
Age:34 | Onset Age: 32 | Symptoms: Right testicular ,generalized discomfort in pelvis/lower abdomen, low back pain | Helped By: Not sureNot sure what else yet | Worsened By: Sitting , standing
neis
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Post by neis »

Sam, Weiss is very expensive. He'll probably want to see you first, then give the referral to the PT. His initial consult was $550 last year. Could be more now. His PT's bill out at $200/hr., as do his former PT's, Prendergast and Rummer, who started their own gig. Tim is much better than the last two I mentioned, from personal experience, and is worth the extra hassle to see him. See if he can teach you some internal work you can do at home with the crystal wand, or whatever he thinks is the best tool.
Age: | Onset Age: | Symptoms: | Helped By: | Worsened By:
elitynski
Old Hand
Old Hand

Post by elitynski »

I thought Dr. Dimitrakov had cautioned against self-use of wands internally due to potential damage??
Age: 49 | Onset Age: 43 | Symptoms: Some overactive bladder symptoms | Helped By: Hot Baths, relaxation, a little valium, exercise / weight loss | Worsened By: stress, possibly diet, possibly...(fill in the blank)
nohan

Post by nohan »

Jeff Franceschi
Franceschi Physical Therapy
(707) 573-8202
2448 Guerneville Rd, #300, Santa Rosa, CA 95403

Jeff used to work with Dr. Wise in the beginnings of the Stanford/Wise-Anderson Protocol
Age: | Onset Age: | Symptoms: | Helped By: | Worsened By:
robertpagen
Old Hand
Old Hand

Jerome Weiss

Post by robertpagen »

In the mildest terms possible, I found Jerome Weiss to be dishonest when I consulted with him. He charged my credit card twice and when I asked his secretary why she claimed that my time with him had gone on "too long".

I think some of his research into this ailment, especially allodynia, is excellent, but I did not have a good experience with him. That was a decade ago.
Age: 43 | Onset Age: 17 | Symptoms: previously: constant urgency, premature ejaculation, burning at tip of penis, pelvic ache current: semi annual flares. | Helped By: PT, yoga, stretch, keeping warm(long johns) boxer briefs, regular sleep routine | Worsened By: cystoscopy, antibiotics (fluoroquinolones) alcohol, coffee, stress, masturbation, cold
robertpagen
Old Hand
Old Hand

Tim Sawyer

Post by robertpagen »

So does this mean that Tim Sawyer can be consulted without going through the entire Wise-Anderson Protocol?
Age: 43 | Onset Age: 17 | Symptoms: previously: constant urgency, premature ejaculation, burning at tip of penis, pelvic ache current: semi annual flares. | Helped By: PT, yoga, stretch, keeping warm(long johns) boxer briefs, regular sleep routine | Worsened By: cystoscopy, antibiotics (fluoroquinolones) alcohol, coffee, stress, masturbation, cold
gmccormack
Veteran
Veteran

Post by gmccormack »

yes he can, I know of someone that has seen him without going through the clinic.
Age: | Onset Age: | Symptoms: | Helped By: | Worsened By: | Other comments: