Pamela Downey (Partnership in Therapy, Coral Gables, FL)

Scammer alerts, reviews!
Jay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Pamela Downey (Partnership in Therapy, Coral Gables, FL)

Post by Jay »

Hi all,

I know that physical therapy resources for Floridian CPPS'ers are rather slim. I'm happy to say that I've had some first-hand experience with a great option.

Pamela Downey is now treating me for pelvic floor dysfunction. I can't say enough about how caring, friendly and knowledgeable she was from the first minutes of my initial visit. She treats nothing but pelvic floor dysfunction and urological issues. Practitioner of Stanford/Wise-Anderson Protocol-type techniques (she's very familiar with HITP) for many years. Pamela even travels around and teaches other therapists about how to treat chronic pelvic pain.

Her diagnosis of my condition was very thorough, from listing my symptoms to external and internal examination. I never felt rushed to get in and out of her office, and she addressed every question without any hemming and hawing. She even knew about potential dietary causes for CPPS, like wheat!

I have to drive two hours to see her, but it's entirely worth it in my mind. She gave me great peace of mind and assured me that I would no longer have to search aimlessly for some sort of help.

Partnership In Therapy: 305-666-3232
I am not a physician. This is not medical advice. Consult your doctor!

Age: 26 Onset Age: 17 Symptoms: Shooting, nerve-like pains throughout the penis, which abruptly hit and leave. Testicular pain, perineum pain, burning/irritative urination, extended pain after ejaculation. Occasionally, some allodynia or ache in the coccyx/sacrum/thigh/buttocks/legs. Diagnosis: Pelvic floor dysfunction, degenerated lumbar disk, and mildly herniated lumbar disk. Helped By: Physical therapy, pain management doctor, hot baths, therapy pool, stretching regimen, breathing exercises, relaxation, distraction. Worsened By: Arousal/ejaculation (worst), constipation, panicking/obsessing, other triggers depend upon current symptoms. Tests/Prior Treatments: Too many antibiotics to count, multiple urine tests (all normal), testicular ultrasound (normal), bladder and renal ultrasound (normal), lumbar and pelvic MRI with and w/o contrast (revealed disk problems), Elavil 25mg (caused retention), Flomax 0.4mg.