Where to get Botox injections into pelvic floor muscles?

Scammer alerts, reviews!
tymad

Where to get Botox injections into pelvic floor muscles?

Post by tymad »

I have had chronic prostatitis / chronic pelvic pain syndrome now for 18 months. I have just heard about Botox treatments. I live in Toronto, Canada and there is a very long waiting list as we have public health care.

Can anyone help me find a doctor who may specialize in this? I am willing to travel anywhere.

Thank you,

Bill
kevin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: Where to get Botox injections into pelvic floor muscles?

Post by kevin »

Botox injections in the pelvic floor are pretty straightforward, and a lot of urologists already do them for women. So you shouldn't have to "fly around the world" to get them done. Urethral sphincter, prostate or bladder Botox injections require more expertise, so it'll be harder to find someone who does them.

Off the top of my head, I can think of:
-Jerome Weiss (San Francisco)
-Richard Berger (Seattle)
-Dr. Jordan (LA)

In Ontario, J. Curtis Nickel is a prostatitis bigshot, and is currently doing a trial on prostatic Botox injections. Jacques Corcos in Montreal is a big Botox expert as well. However, it probably takes a while to see either of those guys. Unless someone can think of a specific name, I would just call various urologists' offices, and ask the receptionists if the doctors do this procedure.

You might be best off to just see an expert who will recommend the right course of action for you, which might not be Botox. The big names in the regional radius of Toronto include Ken Peters (Michigan), Daniel Shoskes (Cleveland), Michael Chancellor (Pittsburgh), and maybe Robert Moldwin (NYC).
Started: Spring 2003; high urinary frequency and pain associated with bladder filling; urinary hesitancy; pubic/prostate/perineal discomfort; Helped by: trigger point therapy, Afrin nasal spray, Cymbalta, hydrocodone (small doses), distraction. Makes worse: sex.

Not medical advice. Consult your doctor.