what worked for me

How men are beating this
tbrush

what worked for me

Post by tbrush »

:-D I had chronic prostatitis for 1 yr ,I took several rounds of Cipro levaquin, tequin,and had some shoots of antibiotics, as soon as I would stop taking them the symptoms would come right back,I seen several DRs and one urologist ,I spent many nights on the web and found a stretching exercise that you do by standing straight up and putting your foot behind you on a chair with your toes pointing out. I didn't even try this for a long time because non of the other stuff I tried worked, including a lot of Quercetin, quercetin and many other supplements, anyway I did the stretch and got some immediate relief, I did the same stretch a few more times and it was apparent that a nerve was somehow pinched and the stretching was working, I then added every leg/hip stretching exercise I could come up with and it was like turning on a light , I have been pain/symptom free for 1 yr now, the foot behind on a chair works best but all stretches help , Hope this helps someone,I'm no DR but its obvious to me that in some cases (and I bet its quite a few )the nerve that keeps the prostrate functioning is getting pinched,trapped,or what ever you want to call it, Try it ...its free , I wish I had discovered this before I spent a yr in pain and over 3000 bux,, But I'm cured now and am thankful for that
nera

stretching exercise

Post by nera »

Please could you tell me the name of the website where you found the stretching exercises.

Thank you
nera
Age: | Onset Age: | Symptoms: | Helped By: | Worsened By:
gunde

Post by gunde »

I dont understand the foot on the chair position. Could you explain some more? Which muscle is it intended for?
tbrush

Re: stretching exercise

Post by tbrush »

nera wrote:Please could you tell me the name of the website where you found the stretching exercises.
I dont no now but I think it was from a chiropractors web page, the exercise was specificly for prostatitis ,I would assume that any good chiropractor would no of them
tbrush

Post by tbrush »

gunde wrote:I dont understand the foot on the chair position. Could you explain some more? Which muscle is it intended for?
Ok say you stand and face the wall with a chair facing your backside about 3-4 feet behind you , you extend your leg behind you and put your foot ,toes out on the seat of the chair wial standing strieght up , if you are limber you may have to something higher than a chair seat to put your foot on , you know you are doing it right when you feel it along the side of your lower scrotum down to your rectum . it feels like it hits you higher in your grion but wial you are doing it put a finger on the spot that its hitting and you will find its stretching the lower grion, rectum area, I used to also have a permenatly tight muscle in my butt area and it was the first thing that went away when I did this particular stretch , I also had small painfull lumps in the top ,back of the thigh area and I would do the same stretch only faceing the chair , hope this clears it up for you ,let us know if it did you any good
webslave
Maintenance
Maintenance

Post by webslave »

Cold Compress applied to perineum. Very helpful for neurogenic pain. My guess is that this may be helpful to others.
Most people seem to like heat, hot sitz baths etc. Heat is a good muscle relaxant, whereas exercise and cold are mast cell triggers.

Sorry, rest of post deleted, finger trouble :oops:
HAS THIS SITE HELPED YOU?
Say Thanks! by making a small donation
PayPal link at end of page ↓
Please fill out your signature, click here for how to do it
TK

Finger Trouble

Post by TK »

Thanks... original report about positive results of cold compresses were confined to my own narrow case -- with a question as to whether this would be applicable to others.

Thanks to Algonot -- together with other anti-inflammatory supplements and a careful dietary program over many months-- my prostate is now normal and remaining symptoms are at a very low level.

So perhaps cold compresses would not have been helpful to me at an earlier phase where degranulation of mast cells was a likely part of the problem.

I have no knowledge of excercise described by TBRUSH, but I have benefitted enormously from other, more gradual stretching excercises provided by physical therapist who was recommended by Dr. David Wise.

Of course any excercise program should be undertaken with caution and we are all aware of past instances where cruel individuals posted false claims. So it poses a dilemma when an individual posts information that:

1) may or may not be straightforward (and at the very least calls for further documentation)

2) if honest, may help some while potentially misleading others.

Tough call.

Sorry to hear about the finger trouble.
tbrush

Post by tbrush »

webmaster wrote:Tbrush -- unfortunately your success story is so unbelievable that I doubt it its true. Your postings have the look of a jokester at work. Please write to me at [email protected] from your real email address to verify this story or it will be deleted in a day or two.
Just to let everyone know I have emailed Mark my email address , my home phone, my cell phone, and have offered to fax a copy of all the scrips for antibiotics that I took , I dont sell anything , I have nothing to gain by misleeding anyone, there have been many people helped by stretching excercises, by the way my email adress is [email protected]
webslave
Maintenance
Maintenance

Post by webslave »

Thank you! Just being careful (we don't want people to be misled). :smile:
HAS THIS SITE HELPED YOU?
Say Thanks! by making a small donation
PayPal link at end of page ↓
Please fill out your signature, click here for how to do it