Working for me

How men are beating this
ddarcher
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Bike

Post by ddarcher »

No problem today after bike ride yesterday! I can't believe it. Cycling in the past was always the biggest irritant. I feel myself getting stronger and healthier almost every day. 95%+ improved.
This communication provides general information, and is not a substitute for face-to-face medical care. Therefore a doctor-patient relationship should not be assumed by the reader.
Good luck,
Dale (Psychiatrist)
webslave
Maintenance
Maintenance

Post by webslave »

I hope you are using this sort of bicycle seat:
>link dead<
HAS THIS SITE HELPED YOU?
Say Thanks! by making a small donation
PayPal link at end of page ↓
Please fill out your signature, click here for how to do it
Richard.N
Sage
Sage

Post by Richard.N »

I used something similar to that BEFORE I got prostatitis. There was a real buzz a few years back about perineal nerve damage/impotence in cyclists so these kind of saddles are not difficult to come by. They also ventilate your rear nicely :-D
Richard

Age: 39. | Onset Age: 30. Onset Date: January 2002. Symptoms (back then): Supra-pubic pain, back pain, urinary frequency, urgency and difficulty, weak stream, nocturia, (and variously) chronic fatigue, IBS. Current symptoms: more frequent than normal, but pretty much under control. Current amelioration: Xatral 10mg, Mirtazapine 30mg. | Worsened By: Stress, binge drinking, strained bowel movements, bloating, sitting on hard surfaces, jogging, and regularly - THE WINTER!

I'm not a medical expert. My comment is opinion. See your medical professional.
ddarcher
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Seat

Post by ddarcher »

I use a racing saddle with a slit in the middle to help avoid perineal pressure. It does have a horn however, but so far so good.
This communication provides general information, and is not a substitute for face-to-face medical care. Therefore a doctor-patient relationship should not be assumed by the reader.
Good luck,
Dale (Psychiatrist)
ddarcher
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

8 weeks

Post by ddarcher »

97% improved. Looking for a complete remision. Cycled 45 miles in the last 4 days at near race pace! Feeling great but the vitamins are causing some GI upset. Considering training for another triathlon which I've done before but haven't dreamed of since the CP symptoms. Today marks 8 weeks since the start of the regimen.
Good luck,
Dale (Psychiatrist)
ddarcher
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

9 weeks

Post by ddarcher »

Nine weeks since starting regimen, 4 weeks off antibiotics. 98% improved. Main problem now is GI upset secondary to vitamins. Have cut dosages. Hope this doesn't cause a relapse, but I'll monitor very closely.
Good luck,
Dale (Psychiatrist)
bill

ddarcher-list regimen

Post by bill »

Hello. I'm new to this group and to this disease. I've been reading about your regimen and was wondering if you could please take the time to list all of the aids that you are using. I am now convinced that I need to change my diet and prescription intake as nothing has worked so far. if you have the time to write it out, I would really appreciate it. Thanks.
ddarcher
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

OK

Post by ddarcher »

Hi Bill
Basically the regimen consisted of everything that had worked in some form for me in the past. For 6 weeks this included the following: 1) Pharmeceuticals- Levaquin for possible infection, singulair and either clariten or vistaril for possible allergic component, valium 5mg every other night for muscle relaxation, NSAID for mild pain or ultram for severe pain as needed.
2) The brocoli protocol
3)Vitamins: multi-vit, zinc, selenium, 1.5g vit C, vit A,E,B complex, quercetin or Quercetin, cranberry, garlic, digestive enzymes and ginger to help the stomach with all of the above.
4) Nightly hot baths followed by 20 mins of stretching
5) healthy lifestyle, plenty of rest, minimal alcohol, lots of comedy shows and laughing, limit stress.
6) No sex with my wife only masterbation about every 2-3 days.
I've now been off antibiotics for about 6-7 weeks and do the followig: Only take singulair and valium as needed. No pain meds or antihistamines. Stopped broccoli. Take vits at about 1/2 dosages (ex: 1 Quercetin per day). Occaisional hot baths but still stretch. Still lead a healthy lifestyle though I'm an exercise addict and have started that again. Normal sexual relations.
I have no idea which of the above worked or whether it was the combo, but I'm 98% improved and enjoying life again. You've come to the right place for support. Mark and the others are extremely knowledgable and helpful. This is an awesome site. Good Luck, keep a positive attitude and never give up!!!
Good luck,
Dale (Psychiatrist)
bill

Dale

Post by bill »

Thank you for taking the time to write out your regimen for me (us). I'll try it out and see if things improve. I'll let you know of my progress. Thanks again.

Bill
ddarcher
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

OK

Post by ddarcher »

Good luck Bill!
Good luck,
Dale (Psychiatrist)
webslave
Maintenance
Maintenance

Post by webslave »

Discussion of benzodiazepam moved to Muscle Spasm Treatment forum here:
viewtopic.php?p=2819#2819
HAS THIS SITE HELPED YOU?
Say Thanks! by making a small donation
PayPal link at end of page ↓
Please fill out your signature, click here for how to do it