Still feeling good

How men are beating this
mel

Still feeling good

Post by mel »

Just wanted to drop in and give some of you some hope and possibly reassurance, that your symptoms will eventually subside. I have delt with CP for about 6 years or so. The pain went away for 2+ years only to return last Feb. Well another year with CP is just around the corner, but this time I am able to control my symptoms with ultram, Elavil, and neurontin. Recently I had one of the worst flareups ever. Nothing worked, until I increased the dosage of the neurontin (doctors instructions) with a few days the pain completely went away.

I have definetly confirmed that stress results in a flareup, for myself at least :!: . This is the only factor that I have been able define that correlates to my CP.

Until next time - I hope all of you feel better..
Godbless
Mel
Erik

Post by Erik »

Hi Mel,

Thanks for the update! My story sounds a lot like yours except that I haven't yet tried the meds that worked for you. Coincidently though I have already planned on experimenting w/ the meds you mentioned so your post did its job and gave me (others?) some more hope!. A good attitude means everything w/ this condition. God bless,

Erik
Richard.N
Sage
Sage

Post by Richard.N »

Hi Mel

How do you rate Elavil?

Richard
Richard

Age: 39. | Onset Age: 30. Onset Date: January 2002. Symptoms (back then): Supra-pubic pain, back pain, urinary frequency, urgency and difficulty, weak stream, nocturia, (and variously) chronic fatigue, IBS. Current symptoms: more frequent than normal, but pretty much under control. Current amelioration: Xatral 10mg, Mirtazapine 30mg. | Worsened By: Stress, binge drinking, strained bowel movements, bloating, sitting on hard surfaces, jogging, and regularly - THE WINTER!

I'm not a medical expert. My comment is opinion. See your medical professional.
Mike
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Post by Mike »

Elavil knocks me out and after a few days makes it difficult to pass urine, no pain reduction although I did have hopes it would do that. I suggest doing what JD says here I didn't see it until I had taken a 25mg for a few nights running and it's side effects where to much to take the constipation was really bad even when eating a good diet! I'm sure it works for some but I have binned it.

https://www.ucpps.men

Mike
Mike
I am *not* a Doctor and I am not giving medical advice.
dshoskes
Urologist
Urologist

Post by dshoskes »

Mike wrote:Elavil knocks me out and after a few days makes it difficult to pass urine, no pain reduction although I did have hopes it would do that. I suggest doing what JD says here I didn't see it until I had taken a 25mg for a few nights running and it's side effects where to much to take the constipation was really bad even when eating a good diet! I'm sure it works for some but I have binned it.

https://www.ucpps.men

Mike
I think it is very important with Elavil to start at 10 mg or even 5 mg (half a pill). Starting at 25 or 50mg usually leads to side effects but building the dose up slowly, in my experience, will often avoid them.
Daniel Shoskes MD
www.dshoskes.com