CPPS, biomolecules, medicinal plants article

Latest research and happenings
ppp
Experienced
Experienced

CPPS, biomolecules, medicinal plants article

Post by ppp »

I am always skeptical of medicines for CPPS and even more of plant based. But this article looks like an interesting review.
If anyone has the full text please let us know.

Abstract

Chronic pelvic pain syndrome (CPPS) can be triggered by a various types of gynecological, gastrointestinal, urological, and musculoskeletal disorders. Recently, the role of the central nervous system has proven to be an integral part on the development of any chronic pain syndrome, including CPPS. However, owing to the complex and heterogeneous etiology and pathophysiology of CPPS, the establishment of effective therapeutic interventions remains challenging for both physicians and patients. Nonetheless, recent studies have pointed that medicinal plants and their secondary metabolites can be effectively used in CPPS therapy, besides contributing to restore the patients' quality of life and potentiate the conventional CPPS management. In this sense, this review aims to provide a careful overview on the biomedical data for the use of medicinal plants use and their secondary metabolites on CPPS management.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31799719
Age: 33| Onset Age: 24 | Symptoms: dull ache in pelvic area, tension, feeling the need to urinate, frequency, dribbling after urination, ED symptoms started 6 moths after the onset wrecking my life since, abdominal tension, tension in my thighs. | Helped By: stretching/massage , benzos | Worsened By: Mainly sex, but also sitting and anxiety| Other comments: I have seen periods of substantially less flare-ups, but now I am at a steady state where it comes back almost always after sex.