Anybody know of a good PT in Central Florida

Scammer alerts, reviews!
mpozatek
Beginner
Beginner

Anybody know of a good PT in Central Florida

Post by mpozatek »

Anybody familiar with a PT in central FL area that is familiar with internal trigger point work. Everyone I come across only does external on males. I've done that before and it doesn't seem to really help. After reading HITP and reading forums it appears the only way to really get at this is through internal work.
Age: 36 Started: 30 | Symptoms: Frequent urination, constant need to urinate, rectal & perineal discomfort, urethral burning, pain in penis, testicular pain (since resolved), aching pelvis, constipated, incredible pain in the rectum after undergoing internal PT work. Rectum feels raw and irritated. Pain upon bowl movement
webslave
Maintenance
Maintenance

Re: Anybody know of a good PT in Central Florida

Post by webslave »

Search for "Florida" and/or FL and/or your town location.
HAS THIS SITE HELPED YOU?
Say Thanks! by making a small donation
PayPal link at end of page ↓
Please fill out your signature, click here for how to do it
jVan
Beginner
Beginner

Post by jVan »

I'm in central FL and can't find anyone who even does external. Can you let me know where to find them?

Thanks
Age: | Onset Age: | Symptoms: | Helped By: | Worsened By:
Jay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post by Jay »

Hi,

If you're willing to travel, try Pamela Downey at Partnership in Therapy for Wellness, which is in Coral Gables. 305-666-3232

Qualified PTs are sparse in Florida, but Pamela is very good. Takes me hours to get there, but you do what you have to.
I am not a physician. This is not medical advice. Consult your doctor!

Age: 26 Onset Age: 17 Symptoms: Shooting, nerve-like pains throughout the penis, which abruptly hit and leave. Testicular pain, perineum pain, burning/irritative urination, extended pain after ejaculation. Occasionally, some allodynia or ache in the coccyx/sacrum/thigh/buttocks/legs. Diagnosis: Pelvic floor dysfunction, degenerated lumbar disk, and mildly herniated lumbar disk. Helped By: Physical therapy, pain management doctor, hot baths, therapy pool, stretching regimen, breathing exercises, relaxation, distraction. Worsened By: Arousal/ejaculation (worst), constipation, panicking/obsessing, other triggers depend upon current symptoms. Tests/Prior Treatments: Too many antibiotics to count, multiple urine tests (all normal), testicular ultrasound (normal), bladder and renal ultrasound (normal), lumbar and pelvic MRI with and w/o contrast (revealed disk problems), Elavil 25mg (caused retention), Flomax 0.4mg.
mrwright

Post by mrwright »

Good news: Just found a place called Ability Rehab on Orange Ave in Orlando. Spotted a copy of Headache in Pelvis on therapist's desk.
Age: 44 | Onset Age: 20 | Symptoms: Perineum pain radiating to lower back during/after ejaculation, and while/after sitting, lying on most mattresses, typing, driving | Helped By: Avoiding triggers | Worsened By: a whole host of activities and melatonin, antibiotics
mmg44

Post by mmg44 »

Florida hospital pelvic rehab in Orlando. Its where I go. Do internal/external.