Improvement Through Internal PT

How men are beating this
painagain
Beginner
Beginner

Improvement Through Internal PT

Post by painagain »

It's been more than a year since I posted to this site. I've waited this long because I've been dealing with chronic prostatitis / chronic pelvic pain syndrome for 15 years now and have had enough ups and downs to know that just because I feel better for a little while doesn't mean I'm cured. With that said, I'll share a little in hopes it helps others.

For years, I was convinced that something this excruciatingly painful could not be muscular in nature. Then about 18 months ago, I found that an accidental stretch helped ease my pain quite a bit. I thought stretching was the answer, but after a couple of months the pain came back with a vengeance. Knowing that a stretch had helped me somewhat, finally convinced me that this might be a muscular issue - so I bought the gloves, dropped my drawers, and went hunting for trigger points. Boy did I find one in a hurry. I applied pressure as instructed in A HEADACHE IN THE PELVIS daily for a couple of days and significantly reduced my symptoms. I regularly treated that one trigger point and was much better for a couple of months, but then found things getting worse. I realized then that while I had treated my most significant trigger point, there may be more. So, I began probing and stretching and applying pressure to all of the internal pelvic muscles including stretching rectum muscles close to the surface and began to improve again. For the past six months, I've been doing that once week, sometimes twice - especially when I feel the pain beginning to come back. Sometimes its good for several weeks and I don't need to do it at all.

So, after many years of pain as well as countless urologists and antibiotics, I've finally come to the conclusion that Dr. Wise and the thought leaders on this web site are correct - it is muscular and internal trigger point therapy is a critical part of reducing the pain.

While I can't say the glove and finger thing is the highlight of my day, the lasting improvement it gives me most certainly is. Hope this helps others who are wondering if trigger points are real.
Age: 43 Onset Age: 27 Symptoms: significant perineum pain, soreness & burning in pelvic area, shivers. Helped By: Internal PT & stretching Worsened By: overfull bladder.
webslave
Maintenance
Maintenance

Re: Improvement Through Internal PT

Post by webslave »

Thank you for letting us know.:thumbup:
HAS THIS SITE HELPED YOU?
Say Thanks! by making a small donation
PayPal link at end of page ↓
Please fill out your signature, click here for how to do it