General PT QuestionHelp!

Scammer alerts, reviews!
ianiscool24

General PT QuestionHelp!

Post by ianiscool24 »

I am a college student who has suffered with moderate urinary frequency for the last few years. . . and I have saved up some money to see a PT to see if someone can help. I have read that going to the actually Stanford Clinic is a good way to go if you have enough money to make the trip. . . but would it be better to see another trigger point therapist over a longer period of time?say over a few months. . since the Stanford clinic is only a short time. . . or is the clinic still the optimum choice? any thoughts? I am planning to take a semester off to see if I can improve!
kevin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: General PT QuestionHelp!

Post by kevin »

If you can afford it, the Stanford Clinic is the best. Check the thread in this subforum with PT listings; if there's a good local PT you can try them first, though. But the Stanford PT is known to find TPs that others don't find.
Started: Spring 2003; high urinary frequency and pain associated with bladder filling; urinary hesitancy; pubic/prostate/perineal discomfort; Helped by: trigger point therapy, Afrin nasal spray, Cymbalta, hydrocodone (small doses), distraction. Makes worse: sex.

Not medical advice. Consult your doctor.