Stephanie Prendergast of San Francisco

Scammer alerts, reviews!
tymad

Stephanie Prendergast of San Francisco

Post by tymad »

I have just returned from San Francisco where I visited Stephanie Prendergast of Pelvic Pain Rehab. The therapists are amazing and have dedicated their practice to this condition. They truly understand the anatomy of the pelvic floor and all the muscles which make it up. I spent a week of 2 hours per day of treatment which has really helped. The most important part is that they are compassionate and provide the patient with a true understanding of what is going on which helps with the mental part of the condition. Stephanie sits on various boards and is a real advocate for this condition. I highly recommend them.
Jay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: Stephanie Prendergast of San Francisco

Post by Jay »

I'd like to chime in on this. I'll first say that I have not been a patient of Stephanie Prendergast. However, I emailed her a number of questions about physical therapy for CPPS, and she was very detailed and prompt in her replies. I appreciated that she was willing to give me some guidance and reassurance, even though she knew there was no chance of getting business out of me due to the distance between us.

:)
I am not a physician. This is not medical advice. Consult your doctor!

Age: 26 Onset Age: 17 Symptoms: Shooting, nerve-like pains throughout the penis, which abruptly hit and leave. Testicular pain, perineum pain, burning/irritative urination, extended pain after ejaculation. Occasionally, some allodynia or ache in the coccyx/sacrum/thigh/buttocks/legs. Diagnosis: Pelvic floor dysfunction, degenerated lumbar disk, and mildly herniated lumbar disk. Helped By: Physical therapy, pain management doctor, hot baths, therapy pool, stretching regimen, breathing exercises, relaxation, distraction. Worsened By: Arousal/ejaculation (worst), constipation, panicking/obsessing, other triggers depend upon current symptoms. Tests/Prior Treatments: Too many antibiotics to count, multiple urine tests (all normal), testicular ultrasound (normal), bladder and renal ultrasound (normal), lumbar and pelvic MRI with and w/o contrast (revealed disk problems), Elavil 25mg (caused retention), Flomax 0.4mg.
webslave
Maintenance
Maintenance

Post by webslave »

HAS THIS SITE HELPED YOU?
Say Thanks! by making a small donation
PayPal link at end of page ↓
Please fill out your signature, click here for how to do it
popburner
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Post by popburner »

I would like to third this :) - Stephanie and Liz are VERY knowledgeable (this is all they do) and are ACTIVISTS as well. They single-handedly got Oprah's producers to look at PT as a viable treatment option for vulvodynia after she tried to tape a show not addressing the possibility of pelvic floor dysfunction. They are hard working, and VERY committed to their patients.
Age:29 | Onset Age:29 | Symptoms: ORIGINALLY - rectal pain, penis tip pain, perineal spasms, golf ball feeling in perineum, painful ejacualation ONGOING - rectal pain, penis tip hypersensitivity, urethral pain at beginning of urination, ejaculatory pain, burning skin around legs and buttox | Helped By: warm baths, NO catastrophic thinking, Physical Therapy; Stanford/Wise-Anderson Protocol; Mirtazipine (Remeron) for anxiety and sleep, dry needling of TPs (NOT injections), PAIN PSYCHOLOGIST (CBT and Commitment and Acceptance Therapy), diet changes - so far eggs are out doing an elimination diet now :) | Worsened By: ANXIETY, FEAR, STRESS, CATASTROPHIC THINKING,heavy weight lifting , sitting too long
webslave
Maintenance
Maintenance

Post by webslave »

My personal experience of Prendergast and Weiss was not good, but that had nothing to do with medical treatment. However, after the way they treated me over a business issue, I would be wary of seeing them. YMMV.
HAS THIS SITE HELPED YOU?
Say Thanks! by making a small donation
PayPal link at end of page ↓
Please fill out your signature, click here for how to do it
neis
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Post by neis »

An old boss said to me at a young age, if you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bulls**t. I don't know which is the case with these two. I remember feeling "why did I ask that question" with Stephanie, with most answers being highly technical with terminology only those trained would know, which I took more as a *look how smart I am* answer, than a helpful one. They charge outrageous fees, and I've spoken to other PT's who concur, even though they've been at it a lot shorter period than the others I saw. As I said before, they located zero trigger points with me, but assured me if I kept at it for a year things would improve. Yea, they go around to seminars and symposiums forcefully espousing their view, but in reality have no better track record than any others treating chronic prostatitis / chronic pelvic pain syndrome with PT alone, and know no more than any of us as to the true cause(s). They're a one size fits all, and damn good at selling it. To those on the board who see them, are you better? I've emailed a few here who say , well maybe some reduction in pain from their PT, but a long way from pain free. Time alone resolves some of the pain in most patients, without PT. If you're in the Bay Area, see Tim Sawyer first. His expertise with men with chronic prostatitis / chronic pelvic pain syndrome is unmatched. This is my first hand experience.
Age: | Onset Age: | Symptoms: | Helped By: | Worsened By: