Concerns about the Prostatitis Foundation (PF)

Scammer alerts, reviews!
TK

Post by TK »

It's clear now that nothing good can come of reciprical links with the "Prostatitis Foundation".

It is unfortunate that, in previous posts, it was necessary to mention the names of those who have been responsible for the foundation. But as the saying goes, "Sunlight is the Best Disinfectant".

Now we understand that there seems to be some unscrupulous marketeers in this field, willing to use valid information, half truths, and utter nonsense.

For such people, information of any kind is nothing more than bait to draw an audience. There is no regard to the potential for harm to those patients who are desperate and not yet well informed.

There is good reason for outrage. Some of us may have questioned the bacterial emphasis of the PF site, but there was still reason to believe that they were "on the level" -- sincerely trying to make a contribution.

I hope that we can all avoid engaging in ad hominem brawls in other forums, etc. This site has a well-deserved reputation for civility and integrity and it's important to preserve that.

Another saying: "Give em enough rope and they will hang themselves". The folks at the PF are already in the process of doing this.

Example: the aforementioned http://www.bragaboutsex.com actually features links to the various medical sites, among them a new series of prostate-oriented sites. (The PF site itself is not linked, but the new sites all make reference to the foundation.)

In the past, a number of respected physicians have posted information to the PF site. Some may find good reason to reconsider this association in the future.
webslave
Maintenance
Maintenance

Post by webslave »

TK wrote:... mention the names of those who have been responsible for the foundation. But as the saying goes, "Sunlight is the Best Disinfectant".
For those who wish to voice their feelings:
Prostatitis Foundation
1063 30th St Box 8
Smithshire, IL 61478
1 (888) 891-4200 (toll-free)

Board of Directors

Mike Hennenfent, President [email protected]
Brad Hennenfent MD, Secretary/Treasurer [email protected]
Clark Hickman, Research/Co-ordinator [email protected] (Phone 314. 516.6743)
Dave Trissel, Vice-President [email protected]
Tim Mclaren, CPCRN Representative
Last edited by webslave on Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HAS THIS SITE HELPED YOU?
Say Thanks! by making a small donation
PayPal link at end of page ↓
Please fill out your signature, click here for how to do it
webslave
Maintenance
Maintenance

Post by webslave »

As I said, I don't know how many other foundations Bradley Hennenfent of the Prostatitis Foundation controls, but here's one more: http://www.epididymitisfoundation.org/

There is clearly some sort of empire building going on. However, the aim is transparent to most thinking people.

Last edited by webslave on Wed Dec 15, 2004 12:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mike
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Post by Mike »

WOW This is unreal what we are being told in this thread, everyone should now see just what the score is!

I can't believe people get away with this stuff under law.

Sad just makes our disease out to be a joke almost to these people something they have no care for whatsoever. Are they making out that we sufferers are stupid and they can do what they like under our diseases name - I'm wondering?
Mike
I am *not* a Doctor and I am not giving medical advice.
webslave
Maintenance
Maintenance

Post by webslave »

In a further damning development (in my eyes), I see that the prostatitis--dot--org website is now profiting from the sale of a book promoting distrust of doctors, written by the late Kay Benton.

A quote from Benton:
Kay Benton wrote:I have seen and been seen by well over 175 medical practitioners. Sadly only a few truly cared about me.
One of the "myths" Benton seeks to dispel is "You Must Obey Your Doctor". I can't see any good coming from advising people to disobey their doctors, can you?

Kay Benton, you may remember, is the person responsible for promoting microbiologist Paul Fugazzotto's home-based business. The ~90 yr old Fugazzotto believes that all pelvic pain is infectious in origin, although the medical community has debunked his theories. He gets women to mail in urine samples, and always manages to diagnose "infections" from his backyard lab. You can read more about Fuggazzoto here

By associating themselves with Benton and Fugazzotto, the PF put themselves at the outermost fringes of the medical world.
Last edited by webslave on Wed Dec 15, 2004 12:30 am, edited 5 times in total.
webslave
Maintenance
Maintenance

Post by webslave »

It appears that there is even more to find out. The son of the PF's president and Secretary/Treasurer of the PF, Bradley Hennenfent, also runs websites called:

ANtalk.com
Cspinetalk.com
Sinustalk.com
NonSmallCell.com
HowHotNow.com
Dcamtalk.com
Books1210.com
SciFi1210.com
Movies1210.com

So it is clear that our condition is of no special interest to these people. We are just one of their ventures.

It appears he specializes in medical sites and likes to write monographs on all manner of topics. Example:

webslave
Maintenance
Maintenance

Post by webslave »

webslave
Maintenance
Maintenance

Post by webslave »

They have not supplied their 2004 Tax forms and Financial Results to Guidestar.org. Hmmm. Go to Guidestar and Join up to see all the gory details
Last edited by webslave on Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
webslave
Maintenance
Maintenance

Post by webslave »

Last edited by webslave on Fri May 04, 2007 7:00 am, edited 4 times in total.
h92
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Post by h92 »

All of these informations are very disturbing, indeed.

I would also like to point out that the website I created (which is far from being finished or complete) has been linked to (to my request) by the PF on their home page (the "French" link). This link was set up in something like one week after I emailed them.

What is even more disturbing is that on my website, although I do present their massage theory (since I know people who got better by that, but it appeared they had bacterial chronic prostatitis), I also have written a page explaining the Feliciano controversy, clearing outlining all the stuff I found on him here.

In short, why the fuck did they link to my embryonic website and not to ucpps.men ? The information found here is WAY more complete, profound and up to date than what's found at my own. Of course, there can't be any perceived competition, since my website is 100% French, but I find it hard to believe that's the reason they don't link you.

I'm puzzled by all of that, and find it very sad that such low hands technics could be used. We are all suffering of a vicious and pernicious disease, and I don't see how could someone refuses to link to such good material as found here. This is very shocking. I may try to email them to see if they have a specific issue with the theory promoted here. I can't see them, since it's scientifically backed, and, even if it may actually may appear to not be true, it's certainly one of the strongest available yet. Until doctors can offer a real cure, I don't see how discarding myoneuropathy can help us sufferers. All current research seems to *support* it, imho.

Furthermore, the PF clearly states that the Wise theory and protocol is very sound, which, imo, is exactly what ucpps.men also says.

WTF ?
Age: 31 Location: France Symptoms: right epididymis pain, testicular soreness and pain, pain after ejaculation, gulf ball in rectum (now gone), pain at tip of penis (now gone), bent penis when in pain (not Peyronie's), burning after ejaculation, weird right testicular positions, big and painful lymph nodes (now gone). Makes worse: sex, tiredness, anxiety, cold Makes better: hot climate, stretches.
webslave
Maintenance
Maintenance

Post by webslave »

Good luck in getting a response from them to any questions on this issue! :(
webslave
Maintenance
Maintenance

Post by webslave »

Looking at the PF's 2003 IRS return (the 2004 tax return is missing from Guidestar.org), I see with amazement that Bradley Hennenfent, Captain of Websites Unlimited, claims he is spending half of the working week on the affairs of the Prostatitis Foundation! And his father is telling the IRS that he spends ALL of his time working for the PF! This is very strange considering:
  • The PF have not held an annual conference or annual meeting for several years (I believe this is an IRS requirement for a Federal Tax Exemption under Section 501(c)(3))
  • Nobody from the PF ever posts messages here or on the Usenet prostatitis newsgroup (where are they?);
  • Their 1-800 number is never manned by anyone (you get a lame message if you call them);
  • Their website is mostly broken and outdated, full of old pages, dead links and defunct information;
  • They do not answer emails;
  • Bradley Hennenfent runs many other "Foundations";
  • Mike Hennefent, President of the PF, is supposedly a full-time dairy farmer (see next message below)

What could this all mean? Where are the fruits of their combined 60 hours a week working for the Prostatitis Foundation? I see no evidence of it.

Their 2003 IRS return also says that the Prostatitis Foundation has about $68,000 cash on hand in the bank. What could they be planning for that money?
Last edited by webslave on Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:44 pm, edited 4 times in total.
webslave
Maintenance
Maintenance

Post by webslave »

Mike "40 hours a week" Hennenfent is actually a dairy farmer:
seedquest.com wrote:Zone B - District 5 - western) Mike Hennenfent, Gilson, was elected to the GROWMARK board in 1997. Since 1982, he has been a director of Spoon River FS, Inc. (now RIVERLAND FS, Inc.), Knoxville, serving as secretary, treasurer, vice president, and president. He and his wife Judy, along with sons Bill and Matt, operate an 1,800-acre grain and livestock farm.
He is also listed as a director of this large company:
http://www.riverlandfs.com/CoInfo/board.htm

Clearly, he cannot possibly be working for 40 hours a week for us. So why claim it?
webslave
Maintenance
Maintenance

Post by webslave »

Never one to be left out of any possibly lucrative new development, Hennenfent Jnr has now bought http://www.nanobacteria.org

He's cornering the market on .orgs

"Thar's Gold in Them Thar Hills"