Kev7554

Looking for a urologist in Cincinnati

Post by Kev7554 »

Can anyone recommend a urologist in Cincinnati. Thanks
Age: | Onset Age: | Symptoms: | Helped By: | Worsened By:
FLEXXXED1

Re: Looking for a urologist in Cincinnati

Post by FLEXXXED1 »

Hey I came across your post and was wondering if you had found a urologist? I'm in Cincy also. I had a uro in cincy but ended up going to the Cleveland clinic to see Dr Shoskes. Gary
jasfra

Post by jasfra »

I don't have any recomendations for a urologist, But I just came across a PT clinic in Louisville, KY (not too far from Cincy)that claims to specialize in treating male pelvic pain. I don't know if that means internal external or both. Google Dunn Physical Therapy if you are interested. As I am convinced most of my problems are muscular, I am thinking about giving them a call this coming week.
Age: 29| Onset Age: 23 | Symptoms: Pain, burning during urination, IBS?, fatigue | Helped By: Warm weather, light physical activity| Worsened By: Cold weather, stress,inactivity | Other comments:
BECJ

Post by BECJ »

Flexx,

How was your visit with Dr. Shoskes?
Age: 36 | Onset Age: 31 | Symptoms: Burning in Perineum and rectum, bladder pain, dysuria, testicular ache, golf ball in rectum. | Helped By: Hot bath, exercise, stretching, Prosta-Q, Advil, moment to moment relaxation. | Worsened By: Alcohol, sitting for long periods, stress, large caliber stool.
stopthepain

Post by stopthepain »

I am also in Cincinnati and having no luck with my traditional urologist. I'm 6-months in pain and my brother has suffered for 3 years.

Seems as if it might be better to find a PT trained in trigger points. Just started reading HITP. Did anyone contact the PT in Louisville?

It would be nice if Wise - Anderson had some disciples that could help the folks in the Mid-west.
superuse
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran

Post by superuse »

I wouldn't waste much time with urologists once you have been cleared of cancer, etc. Don't know what your profile is but if you and your brother are big bicyclists/ exercise fans it would pay to read a bit on this site. Dr Shoskes mentioned above seems to be more clued in than most urologists.
Age:43 | Onset Age:36 | Symptoms: First urinary and backside, golf ball feeling, now ok (no heavy exercise) . Major onset seemed to be with heavy coughing spell , felt "tearing" or nerve pain in rectum/prostate. | Helped By:Hot showers,sleep.Worsened By: Type A obsessiveness ... Stressing, what-if thinking, weights.
Not a doctor. -

The usual... anxiety prone programmer (my case), accountant, lawyer or self employed sitting 50 hrs/week combined with compulsively exercising on a bike,weights or running to compensate for stress. Also aka "graduate student syndrome" New email sigma556@hotmail
critthinker
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran

Post by critthinker »

I'd recommend visiting Dr. Shoskes to:

1) rule out cancer or any other more serious conditions
2) do a DRE and obtain an EPS to run a culture on (his culturing seems to be especially rigorous)
3) have a TRUS done
4) put you on medication as needed

You should also check out the pain management docs at Cleveland Clinic. Three of them co-wrote the pain management chapter in Shoskes' book.
Age: 27 | Onset Age: 26 | Symptoms: Pelvic pain (began w/ introduction into bladder/prostate of highly resistant strain of bacteria that was acquired via a Botox injection intended to treat levator ani syndrome) | Helped By: Paxil for anxiety, Trigger point release and trigger point injections, stretches, hot baths, Prosta-Q | Worsened By: Stress/anxiety, Sitting down for long periods,
stopthepain

Post by stopthepain »

Thanks Superuse and Critthinker for your replies. Yes, I am leaning toward the PT side of the house. I am only seeing my urologist to rule out cancer (which he has ruled out).

Regarding Cleveland Clinic: Do they have anyone there that is trained on Trigger Point Release (because it feels like that is what I need)?

What are these terms: DRE, EPS and TRUS?
webslave
Maintenance
Maintenance

Post by webslave »

DRE digital rectal exam
EPS expressed prostatic secretions
TRUS transrectal ultrasound
HAS THIS SITE HELPED YOU?
Say Thanks! by making a small donation
PayPal link at end of page ↓
Please fill out your signature, click here for how to do it
critthinker
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran

Post by critthinker »

stopthepain wrote:Thanks Superuse and Critthinker for your replies. Yes, I am leaning toward the PT side of the house. I am only seeing my urologist to rule out cancer (which he has ruled out).

Regarding Cleveland Clinic: Do they have anyone there that is trained on Trigger Point Release (because it feels like that is what I need)?

What are these terms: DRE, EPS and TRUS?
I think the Cleveland Clinic may have some PT people on staff. Google Dr. Shoskes book (Chronic Prostatitis/Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome) and on Google books you should be able to find the chapters. Find the chapter on PT and see who the author is. Also, you can just ask Dr. Shoskes when you see him for some recommendations.
Age: 27 | Onset Age: 26 | Symptoms: Pelvic pain (began w/ introduction into bladder/prostate of highly resistant strain of bacteria that was acquired via a Botox injection intended to treat levator ani syndrome) | Helped By: Paxil for anxiety, Trigger point release and trigger point injections, stretches, hot baths, Prosta-Q | Worsened By: Stress/anxiety, Sitting down for long periods,
TrunksXVI

Post by TrunksXVI »

Hello Guys!

If you are In Cincinnati! Please get in touch with me ASAP, I believe I can assist you guys if your interested. I have been healed from Chronic Prostatitis from a very unconventional method and its all LOCAL!

Thank you for reading and please let me know if your interested.
Biblical Passages which back up my healing from Chronic Prostatitis

Matthew 9:35
Then Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people.

Luke 9:1-2
Then He called His twelve disciples together and gave them power and authority over all demons, and to cure diseases. He sent them to preach the kingdom of God and to heal the sick.

Acts 5:15-16
So that they brought the sick out into the streets and laid them on beds and couches, that at least the shadow of Peter passing by might fall on some of them. Also a multitude gathered from the surrounding cities to Jerusalem, bringing sick people and those who were tormented by unclean spirits, and they were all healed.

http://www.Christianhealingforum.com - Please visit for further information on physical faith healing and getting rid of your Prostattits
http://www.allnationsmin.org/ - Dr. Sapp's Primary Website dealing with information regarding physical faith healing.
http://encouragingbiblequotes.com/verseshealinga.html -Encouraging Biblical Quotes on Healing
withoutsound

Post by withoutsound »

Hi,
I'm new to this site. I'm from Cincinnati as well and looking for a physical therapist. Currently I am uninsured but able to receive free medical treatment only through the Barret Center at UC hospital. I am scheduled to see a Urologist in October but don't know if he will be a believer in the Wise-Anderson Protocol and such. Also, does anyone know of any support groups for men with CPPS?
Age: 36 | Onset Age: 32 | Symptoms at onset: Severe pain in kidney area. Now has lessened dramatically. |Current symptoms: Testicular pain, right side only. Urgency and frequency, fullness/tightness in the perineum. Difficulty getting an erection/less than full erection when attained. Pain after ejaculation. Testicles sometimes go up into scrotum during ejaculation. Tight rectum, constipation. Recurring prostate infections. |Helped By: Relaxing the pelvis, hot baths, walking, staying relaxed and avoiding catastrophic thoughts, plenty of sleep |Drugs: None. Both Lyrica and Cymbalta caused retrograde ejaculation. |Worsened By: Anxiety, anger, catastrophic thinking, excessive sexual stimulation or too frequent ejaculation.
robertpagen
Old Hand
Old Hand

TRUS

Post by robertpagen »

What is the potential useful information from a TRUS? I had one in May as part of a regular checkup and I was told it showed no anomaly.
Age: 43 | Onset Age: 17 | Symptoms: previously: constant urgency, premature ejaculation, burning at tip of penis, pelvic ache current: semi annual flares. | Helped By: PT, yoga, stretch, keeping warm(long johns) boxer briefs, regular sleep routine | Worsened By: cystoscopy, antibiotics (fluoroquinolones) alcohol, coffee, stress, masturbation, cold
superuse
Senior Veteran
Senior Veteran

Post by superuse »

withoutsound wrote:Hi,
I'm new to this site. I'm from Cincinnati as well and looking for a physical therapist. Currently I am uninsured but able to receive free medical treatment only through the Barret Center at UC hospital. I am scheduled to see a Urologist in October but don't know if he will be a believer in the Wise-Anderson Protocol and such. Also, does anyone know of any support groups for men with CPPS?
You could try here

http://www.pelvicfloorandcore.com/

Says they treat men and (mostly) women with pelvic pain. If they start with the core strengthening , stretching (especially piriformis, obturators, etc) , kegels.... they may well be clueless.

-j
Age:43 | Onset Age:36 | Symptoms: First urinary and backside, golf ball feeling, now ok (no heavy exercise) . Major onset seemed to be with heavy coughing spell , felt "tearing" or nerve pain in rectum/prostate. | Helped By:Hot showers,sleep.Worsened By: Type A obsessiveness ... Stressing, what-if thinking, weights.
Not a doctor. -

The usual... anxiety prone programmer (my case), accountant, lawyer or self employed sitting 50 hrs/week combined with compulsively exercising on a bike,weights or running to compensate for stress. Also aka "graduate student syndrome" New email sigma556@hotmail
webslave
Maintenance
Maintenance

Re: TRUS

Post by webslave »

robertpagen wrote:What is the potential useful information from a TRUS? I had one in May as part of a regular checkup and I was told it showed no anomaly.
Cancer, calculi (stones), BPH, anatomical abnormalities ...
HAS THIS SITE HELPED YOU?
Say Thanks! by making a small donation
PayPal link at end of page ↓
Please fill out your signature, click here for how to do it