Page 1 of 1

Ilya Kaploun, RN. Toronto

Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:02 am
by Canuck
ajama484 wrote:Anybody know of any specialist that would help with these problems in Toronto?
I am in Toronto and I am being treated by Ilia Kaploun at the Toronto Prostatitis Centre: torontoprostatitis.ca I highly recommend him!

As for a PT that does internal work, we are out of luck. There is one person in Cambridge, and I waiting for the contact info. Other then that, it is Marilyn Freedman in New York. I am seeing her soon myself.

I really do recommend that you give Toronto Prostatitis Centre a call or email. You won't regret it.

S

Re: Ilya Kaploun, RN. Toronto

Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:27 am
by webslave
Kaploun used to be a friend and collaborator of the notorious Feliciano cartel and was also pushing the "Manila Protocol" treatment at one stage. From Usenet I found this message:
Note on Dr Kaploun:
------------------

Dr. Ilya Kaploun of the Male Health Centre, Toronto...

Dr Kaploun is an acolyte and co-conspirator of Dr A N Feliciano. Whenever ANF (frequently) goes to Toronto "to see his family" as he claims, he is actually going to visit with Kaploun, who runs his Toronto branch office for him. Rather similar setup to the one his son, Dr AE Feliciano, has with Tucson's Dr Polacheck.

See:

Unsuccessful treatment #1:
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.med. ... 79f6080295
Hope this helps...
Had 3 weeks of treatment in Toronto Canada with Dr. Kaploun ... but the treatment failed to cure my ongoing sitting pain of 2 years now. The WBC's went down but the pain stayed. Had all the tests and they were negative. I may have a pelvic floor muscle dysfunction or compressed nerve or scare tissue affecting a nerve. Still trying to get properly diagnosed.
Unsuccessful treatment #2:
I've been working with Kaploun based on the Feliciano method. I actually thought I was totally cured, since I was completely symptom free for 5 whole days. However, those days also coincided with my having the Flu while on vacation. When I returned and got over my flu, my symptoms returned
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/s ... wldEYXaCIJ
[Michel Neray, a promoter of Kaploun, admits that his treatment with Kaploun/Feliciano was unsuccessful]

Re: Ilya Kaploun, RN. Toronto

Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:37 am
by Canuck
I am not sure how much validity there is to that... its just link to a message board. That being said, Dr. Kaploun has helped and cured many people. I know this as fact. Also, he does not work with a Feliciano that I am aware of. His partner at the clinic in Toronto is a licensed MD.

Dr. Kaploun is also a clinical trials researcher at one of the best hospitals in Canada, Mount Sinai:

http://www.mountsinai.on.ca/care/mkuwc/ ... kaploun-rn

S

Re: Ilya Kaploun, RN. Toronto

Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:58 am
by webslave
Kaploun was quite definitely one of the proponents of the Manila Protocol and was very close to Dr Antonio Novak Feliciano. Of that I am sure. Ask Kaploun, and if he's honest he'll admit it.

The Manila Protocol is a discredited method of treating CP/CPPS. It's not even worthwhile for treating chronic BACTERIAL prostatitis:
http://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/16566972

Ask him how many men he took money from, and over how many years, giving them this useless treatment. These men often travelled a long way to see him, at great expense, but were not helped.

You say that he "cured" many people. I've never seen a report of a cure by him.

It looks like Kaploun is a male NURSE at Mt Sinai. That's an appropriate role for him, IMO.

Re: Ilya Kaploun, RN. Toronto

Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:18 pm
by Canuck
webslave wrote:It looks like Kaploun is a male NURSE at Mt Sinai. That's an appropriate role for him, IMO.

So, I assume you have spoken to him and his former patients? He has helped me for one, and I have spoken to others as well.

He is very well trusted at Mount Sinai, and though he is a Nurse (I don’t see anything wrong with that), they also make it very clear that he has an MD degree with specialty in Urology earned in Russia. He basically runs the Prostatitis area of the hospital:

http://www.mountsinai.on.ca/care/mkuwc/ ... ents-guide

To my knowledge, David Wise of the Stanford/Wise-Anderson Protocol is a psychologist who worked as a researcher in the Department of Urology at Stanford University Medical. It looks like Dr. Kaploun is probably more knowledgeable and schooled in the actual practice of Urology, then Mr. Wise. That being said, there are many (and I am leaning this way as well) that feel Non-Bacterial Prostatitis should be treated by psychologist, and not a Urologist.

As for the Manila Protocol, Dr. Kaploun has never mentioned this, and from my research, the treatment I have received sounds nothing like it. The only similarity was the massage, and we both know this helps people.

As for the link you provided, it was for the Manila Protocol, not Dr. Kaploun. As well, it was for “prostatic massage in combination with culture-specific antibiotic therapy for men with chronic prostatitis.” And we know the Stanford/Wise-Anderson Protocol does not address these either. Unless I am mistaken, the Stanford/Wise-Anderson Protocol is for non-bacterial Prostatitis?!

Further more, Dr. Kaploun does not only treat with massage. It is only one small part of the protocol he uses.

IMO every avenue should be explored that one has his disposal. Not everyone has the thousands of dollars to travel to San Fran to be treated by David Wise, and that protocol isn’t perfect.

We are all suffering, and whatever helps you get through… may God bless you and help you. I would drink my own urine if I thought it would help.

Re: Ilya Kaploun, RN. Toronto

Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:21 pm
by carld
Canuck wrote:. That being said, Dr. Kaploun has helped and cured many people. I know this as fact.
S
Here we go.... :62_58_40: and what are those facts?

Re: Ilya Kaploun, RN. Toronto

Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:00 pm
by Canuck
carld wrote:Here we go.... :62_58_40: and what are those facts?
He helped a friend who now 100% fine, and when I went to see him my pain/burning was at about 8-9. It is now mostly around the 2-3 mark, but I do have bad flare ups. When I initially saw him, my prostate was greatly swollen and congested. It is now normal in size, and the prostate fluid is clear, other then the inflammation and calcification.

I am one of the harder cases he has seen, which has led me to look more into the physiological aspects. Researching things like Dr. Sarno's MindBody Prescription, etc.

I definitely do not want to start a flaming war, but we are here to help one another, not discourage and upset people. We know that can elevate symptoms. I am all for treating the pelvic floor muscles, as I am going to be doing this myself, but it doesn’t look at the root cause. What caused those muscles to tighten and create trigger points? If it is non-bacterial, I would assume the root is in the subconscious mind, not the pelvic floor.

Re: Ilya Kaploun, RN. Toronto

Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:00 pm
by webslave
So, I assume you have spoken to him and his former patients? He has helped me for one, and I have spoken to others as well.
Look, Canuck, I've been closely monitoring the prostatitis/CPPS scene for over a decade. Virtually nobody has posted a positive review about prostatitis treatment to the Internet, anywhere, in that time, without me reading it. I am probably the most aware of anyone on this planet of the who's who of the chronic prostatitis / chronic pelvic pain syndrome world.

That being said, I have seen no cures attributed to Ilya Kaploun. I also know for a fact that at one stage he was part of the Manila Protocol gang who were telling men that they could guarantee them a "95% cure rate" (their actual words).
We will be having a presentation given by Dr. Feliciano and Dr. Ilya Kaploun this Saturday 10 am, November 29, 1997. This will an excellent
opportunity to hear Dr. Feliciano speak, and to meet Dr. Kaploun. While all of you are familiar with Dr. Feliciano, you may not be aware that Dr. Kaploun is keenly interested in working with us. ... Dr. Kaploun is focusing his research and practice on prostatitis, and supports the idea of frequent prostate massage combined with antibiotic therapy.
This was nothing more than a scam, similar to the Dr Song scam in China. It all fell apart after a few years, when men networked and realised that nobody was being cured, but they still continue to some small extent even today. You say that Kaploun has moved on from this, although you also say he massaged your prostate, so I'm not so sure.
To my knowledge, David Wise of the Stanford/Wise-Anderson Protocol is a psychologist who worked as a researcher in the Department of Urology at Stanford University Medical. It looks like Dr. Kaploun is probably more knowledgeable and schooled in the actual practice of Urology, then Mr. Wise. That being said, there are many (and I am leaning this way as well) that feel Non-Bacterial Prostatitis should be treated by psychologist, and not a Urologist.
DR Wise (a PhD from UC) should not be compared to Kaploun, who was trained in the former USSR where MDs were little more than glorified nurses. Russian-trained MDs, when asked to re-sit MD exams in the West, typically score at the same level as Western nurses. And anyway, you should know by now that a MD or uro will not cure you in any event.
As for the Manila Protocol, Dr. Kaploun has never mentioned this, and from my research, the treatment I have received sounds nothing like it. The only similarity was the massage, and we both know this helps people.
His prostate massage may be helping people by inadvertently massaging the insertions of the levator ani muscles that lie adjacent to and behind the prostate. Massaging the prostate itself is of limited benefit to men with congested, boggy glands only, and most chronic prostatitis / chronic pelvic pain syndrome patients have firm, small glands.
As for the link you provided, it was for the Manila Protocol, not Dr. Kaploun. As well, it was for “prostatic massage in combination with culture-specific antibiotic therapy for men with chronic prostatitis.” And we know the Stanford/Wise-Anderson Protocol does not address these either. Unless I am mistaken, the Stanford/Wise-Anderson Protocol is for non-bacterial Prostatitis?!
You need to know that Kaploun and the Felicianos denied the existence of nonbacterial prostatitis, saying that ALL prostatitis was bacterial.
Kaploun is an acolyte and co-conspirator of Dr A N Feliciano. Whenever ANF (frequently) goes to Toronto "to see his family" as he claim, he is actually going to visit with Kaploun, who runs his Toronto branch office for him.
Further more, Dr. Kaploun does not only treat with massage. It is only one small part of the protocol he uses.
He has learned some lessons since 1998 then.
IMO every avenue should be explored that one has his disposal. Not everyone has the thousands of dollars to travel to San Fran to be treated by David Wise, and that protocol isn’t perfect.
I'm not trying to discourage you personally, but I shall not remain silent when someone like Kaploun, who has a history of scamming men, is mentioned.

Re: Ilya Kaploun, RN. Toronto

Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:06 pm
by carld
From the Feliciano/Polacheck thread:
webslave wrote:Looking through the archives yesterday, I was amazed to find this statement from the late Dr A.N. Feliciano, Kaploun's colleague and adviser, and father of Dr A.E. Feliciano (Dr Polacheck's colleague):
If we only take 10 patients I massage daily since 1981 when I retired from surgery, that would be an average of 3000 massage yearly x 16 years = 45,000 times I inserted my finger into the anus of patients, and many got to like it and I have also been teased that I enjoy myself doing it.
Antonio Novak Feliciano, M.D., F.P.C.S.
From the horse's mouth, so to speak. All these massage/antibiotic sessions led to virtually no stories of cure on the newsgroup.
This thread should now be locked...nothing here to help anyone!!!!!

Re: Ilya Kaploun, RN. Toronto

Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:02 am
by webslave
The quacks are out in force in 2021!
  • Full of errors, like saying CP/CPPS leads to cancer 😂
  • Notice how he misuses the word "disease" in relationship to this syndrome.
  • Notice how he conflates all forms of prostatitis into one entity (sure sign of idiocy).
  • He also says "the most common cause is infection" and names bacteria and viruses. There is no published support for this. Bacterial prostatitis is the minority of cases, and this is agreed by every urological association on Earth.
  • He also blames junk food, processed food. Again, no scientific evidence for this, none.
  • Then he names physical trauma, like horseback riding and farmers on tractors. There are no scientific papers supporting this. And in nearly 30 years, I've never seen anyone reporting it. This is folklore and old wives' tales.
  • He then claims sinusitis can cause CP/CPPS, a claim I have never seen anywhere else, ever. He also says phimosis can cause the syndrome, again, something without any evidential support. This is not science, it's "The world according to a Russian nurse".
  • He has a go at BEER, which is amusing, because he does not seem to realise WHY beer makes symptoms worse (hint: GLUTEN).
  • He's a nurse, off on his own in his own world of theories. But he's finding fans and promoters on social media and weakly moderated forums.