Fundraising for Cleveland Clinic Research

New here? Please read
Bauer8

Fundraising for Cleveland Clinic Research

Post by Bauer8 »

I am pledging $25,000 to fund research at the #1 Urologic hospital in the US - Cleveland Clinic and I am hoping you will join me by giving through this Go Fund Me page that has been co-sponsored with the clinic.
https://give.ccf.org/fundraiser/1914352

Many of you that read this page may be suffering from the many forms of Chronic Prostatitis/Chronic Pelvic Pain. CP/CPPS is the most common urologic disease in men below 50 years old. Its negative impact on quality of has been compared to other maladies such as heart attack, angina, Crohn's disease, and diabetes.

Despite this impact on quality of life, little research has been done on this syndrome due to the fact that it is non-fatal. It is not likely that any major pharmaceutical company will sponsor research in this area. If we want to find a cure, the sufferers of this syndrome will have to find a way to fund key research projects.

Cleveland Clinic's Center for Men's Health, led by Dr. Daniel Shoskes currently has a number of studies on this issue in need of funding. One of the more promising studies involves low-intensity shockwave lithotripsy (SWL). Studying SWL as a treatment for prostatitis and chronic pelvic pain is a top research priority for Dr. Shoskes. SWL has been studied in Europe for chronic pelvic pain syndrome, but without clear classification or phenotyping of the treated patients. Though initial results are positive, little is known regarding the long-term effectiveness, ideal treatment protocol or ideal patient selection process for this therapy. Dr. Shoskes would like to develop his own controlled clinical trial to begin to better understand how this treatment is best used to relieve pain for the patients who need it most.

Thanks so much for your support... and please don't forget to send this page to any friends you think might be interested in donating!

Admin comment: Guys, don't complain about the woeful state of medical knowledge regarding CPPS if you're not prepared to support research. Donate something now ... anything.
Age: | Onset Age: | Symptoms: | Helped By: | Worsened By: | Other comments: