Low Intensity Shock Wave Therapy

New here? Please read
dshoskes
Urologist
Urologist

Low Intensity Shock Wave Therapy

Post by dshoskes »

Based on several reports from Europe we have been interested in trying the LiSWT device and finally have one. For our initial experience we are offering it in the context of open label studies. These are purely observational studies (no placebo or controls) that allow us to offer at no charge to patients who can commit to the full protocol (once a week for 4 weeks). Patients interested to try outside of the studies or once the studies are closed still have access but the cash price (not FDA approved so no insurance coverage) is $350 per treatment ($1400 for full course of 4 treatments). Offered as part of multimodal therapy so other components of the UPOINT phenotype will be treated as needed with their own therapies. Office visits and other treatments are not part of the study so not included in the "free" offer. The only thing not charged for in the study are the actual LiSWT treatments. Painless and last 9-12 minutes total.

No published study has ever phenotyped the patients treated with LiSWT and it's my hypothesis that it will help primarily those with pelvic floor spasm but we are offering to patients with or without muscle spasm to examine this. The studies currently open are:

1) CP/CPPS
2) Chronic testicular pain (orchialgia): we are treating the spermatic cord, NOT the testicle directly
3) Erectile dysfunction not due to neurologic cause (eg not following pelvic cancer surgery)

I'll try to remember to make a comment here as the studies close but apologies if there is a lag. Phone number to call if interested is 216-445-4757
Daniel Shoskes MD
www.dshoskes.com
webslave
Maintenance
Maintenance

Re: Low Intensity Shock Wave Therapy

Post by webslave »

I was a sceptic of Shock Wave Therapy until my wife developed chronic plantar fasciitis that persisted for over 2 years despite rest, ice therapy, orthotics (shoe inserts), podiatrist splinting and massages, and numerous steroid injections. As a last resort we turned to ESWT and the improvement since then has been dramatic; she is now 90% cured (occasional twinges only). I believe it is also very good for tennis elbow.

So I'm very interested to see how patients with CPPS fare using this modality. :?!:
HAS THIS SITE HELPED YOU?
Say Thanks! by making a small donation
PayPal link at end of page ↓
Please fill out your signature, click here for how to do it
dshoskes
Urologist
Urologist

Re: Low Intensity Shock Wave Therapy

Post by dshoskes »

My PA who is very athletic was having pain in the ball of her foot which I treated with our device and now the pain is gone. We are cautiously optimistic.
Daniel Shoskes MD
www.dshoskes.com